4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Car back from the body shop (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 05:59 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Default Car back from the body shop (Pics)

Yay! I got my Bullitt back this morning. I walked around and was pleased on how well everything turned out....or so I thought.

But the hood scoop looks good now lol.

Needless to say, I went back to the shop and chewed the owner out. The running paint that's collecting has to dry before it can be color sanded and fixed AGAIN. Next Tuesday I'll bring the car back to get repaired once more......This **** is getting ridiculous. I just want my B back in normal condition...Stayed tuned for more updates....fawk!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:58 PM
jtb727
3rd Gear Member

Awhh shiett boss! That really sucks, paint work is something I hope I will never have to get into with my car, as very few people can do it right. It's definately an art. Whatta bummer, hopefully they get you all taken care of.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:16 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Why is there glass in your hand? I dont get it.

Is the side of your door all chipped stilll or something? Did they repaint the whole door?

That painter blows dick
Old 10-17-2011, 07:42 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

So here's the explaination. There's glass in my hand because when the body shop took off my door panel and window, they dropped it within the door. They repainted the door but the driver side quarter panel is all chipped up.

When I got my car back this morning I went to fill her up. When I got back in the car I noticed that I needed extra force to close the door. I look out the window and notice that the tinting is different. I open the door to find glass on the floor of my car. I close the door to see the window not properly aligned. the door panel also was super loose. I was missing my antenna as well. I went back to the shop and confronted the owner about it. He called the body shop and chewed out their owner after I ripped him a new one. I stood and watched them realign the window, clean all of the glass that was caught inside the door, put the door panel on correctly, and then found the antenna in the trunk of the car.

After an hour and half, I drove home. Now keep in mind, this shop is about 30 miles from my house. I went there because originally I heard nothing but great things from them. When I got home it was about 12 ish and inspected every inch of the car. I found the running paint, the chipped quarter panel and different color of tint. I drove back to the damn shop to talk to the owner again. I was like come on man! WTF is going on. Since the paint is still running, it'll have to dry before they can color sand it. He mentioned I could leave my car there again and I was like hell no. I'm going to let it dry for a week and then I'll go back to the shop, confront the other owner and get this **** fixed. I'll have a whole speech lined up for this owner of the body shop. I'm just pissed and I want this done and over with. Although, I'm just happy to have my car back for now. Driving that tank ****ty *** lexus for a week was making me go insane!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:05 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

If i ever need body work, my father in law is doing it...has his own body shop for 30+years....sucks you dealt with jacka$$'s who clearly thought they could pull one over on you...they should compensate you for the time and hassle it is taking you to go back AGAIN.

Like I dunno, give you some money back from what you gave them to do it the FIRST time.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:54 PM
speedkills
3rd Gear Member

Man that sucks! Hope you can get it fixed soon.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:54 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

"Thissssssss isssssss Purp, andddddddd I hooooope youuuuuuuuuu gettttt yourrrrrrr car fixed soooooonn buddddyyy"
Old 10-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Harryman2002
3rd Gear Member

Wow what a half assed job that shop did. Can't believe any business would try to get away with something like that. Good luck getting it all fixed up right. Hopefully this time it'll be done correctly!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

Damn man tough luck!

Did that shop or your insurance pay for the repair?
Old 10-18-2011, 10:07 AM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

damn thats ****ty work, hopefully they will take care of everything for ya

Quick Reply: Car back from the body shop (Pics)