4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Finally have a master plan for the car - 2000 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Syracuse315
2nd Gear Member

When I pull the exisiting 28 spline axles, 3.31 gears and LSD out of the car, is that all I need to sell it as an '8.8" Real End'?

Do people usually expect the axle housing (if that's the correct name) and the differential housing? That would be great to get some $ back towards the install, any idea on a price point for the used items?

Last edited by Syracuse315; 02-12-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Syracuse315
2nd Gear Member

Winter build list complete!

Anyone have insight into the questions above?

Old 02-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Phaxtor
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Syracuse315
Winter build list complete!

Anyone have insight into the questions above?

Love it man! Makes me really excited to get my tax return and start building up my bone stock gt haha
Old 02-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Syracuse315
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Phaxtor
Love it man! Makes me really excited to get my tax return and start building up my bone stock gt haha
Can't wait to get all this installed. Hearing from everyone on here, the FLSFC and gears should make this feel like a completely different car.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:14 AM
trailor
3rd Gear Member

the gears sure will, haven't installed my FLSFC's yet, been sittin around for almost 6 months...

oh and i got the same LCA's, let me know how your rear sway bar re-install went. I had to use myself and two of my friends, which all three of us lift weights a few times a week, and we could barely squeeze that SOB in there.. when i installed my PHB, i just left it off. figured i'd tackle it another day when i have a few hours to burn

Last edited by trailor; 02-17-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:14 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Why did you decided on upr LCA's instead of MM XD ones?
Old 02-17-2012, 08:24 AM
trailor
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Aereon
Why did you decided on upr LCA's instead of MM XD ones?
dont know if you directed towards me or OP, but i got my UPR LCA's because of jazzer's recommendation on his suspension guide, AND because they were more than half the price! I find it difficult to believe the MM's would offer that much more performance to be worth that steep of a price jump.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Syracuse315
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by trailor
dont know if you directed towards me or OP, but i got my UPR LCA's because of jazzer's recommendation on his suspension guide, AND because they were more than half the price! I find it difficult to believe the MM's would offer that much more performance to be worth that steep of a price jump.
Ditto. I picked the UPR LCA's for around $160, can't beat it (And these things feel VERY well made). I'm sure Sharad from UPR (he's on these forums) could give you some help/advice as well.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Syracuse315
Ditto. I picked the UPR LCA's for around $160, can't beat it (And these things feel VERY well made). I'm sure Sharad from UPR (he's on these forums) could give you some help/advice as well.
I may be biased against UPR products on a car that the owner hopes will handle, but from the failure rate of some of their other products on street driven mustangs, I'd be fairly worried about pushing the car hard on any track. The other reason why I asked is because it seems like you're wanting to go the handling route but you're mixing in parts that were designed for the strip, the problem with that is the parts were tested under 2 different load types.

Thats the only reason, sorry if this muddy's up your thread.

Last edited by Aereon; 02-17-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Syracuse315
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Aereon
I may be biased against UPR products on a car that the owner hopes will handle, but from the failure rate of some of their other products on street driven mustangs, I'd be fairly worried about pushing the car hard on any track. The other reason why I asked is because it seems like you're wanting to go the handling route but you're mixing in parts that were designed for the strip, the problem with that is the parts were tested under 2 different load types.

Thats the only reason, sorry if this muddy's up your thread.
No worries. I spent a lot of time deciding between a couple of LCAs, including MM and UPR. Looking at the design, both are very similar with a (poly)urethane bushing at one end, spherical bearing at the other. The main benefit of both LCAs is to free up the inherent bind of the stock suspension (will help in the twisties) and cut down on wheel hop (will help in the 1/4 mile). The main difference came down to price, where the UPR LCA was the clear winner. And if it breaks (haven't heard of any problems with LCAs) there is always a lifetime guarantee.

Quick Reply: Finally have a master plan for the car - 2000 Mustang GT