4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Made a rookie mistake

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 03:22 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Default Made a rookie mistake

I pulled a fuse out of my engine compartment fuse box and i forgot where i pulled it out. It was a 20 and it was on the right side of the box if you are looking at the fuses from the driver fender. Can anybody tell me where the 20's go on the right side. I couldn't remember if it went back into the 2nd from the top or the 3rd from the top.

Also, when you guys start your car, do you have any dash lights on at all? I have none. I'm wondering if it has to do with the fuse or if it's always been like this.

My fuel pump was acting up today and i wasn't thinking and i pulled a fuse to check it without remembering where to put it back... Stupid mistake. And of course i don't have a manual to figure out which fuse is which. So i ended up just putting the fuse in a slot that i thoguht it was pulled out from and that was that.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:01 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

way to go hp!!!! i have no idea right now though, haha. best of luck bro
Old 11-09-2011, 07:34 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

hahaha. i was so flustered man. i had so many things going on bc my car wasn't starting and it turns out my fuel pump is going and i had to get to my class in time to hand in a paper. i couldn't be late.

Bump to the top. I need help guys. I need somebody to go out to their car for me and help me out. It should take you maybe 1 minute total.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:43 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

well since I love your car so much i went out IN THE RAIN and snapped a pic of my fuse box for ya...

Old 11-09-2011, 07:46 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

just reread your post and looks like my fuses are different, no 20 amps in the 2nd or 3rd spots. :/
Old 11-09-2011, 08:47 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Thanks for doing that for me ctgreddy. I never got a chance to tell you since you did all the new mods but i LOVE your car now. the wing and the wheels really set it off. I would easily trade you for a few days if you lived close hahaha.

I see that your fuses are different than mine. I ended up finding a fuse manual from a thread from way back when posted by cliffy. It's amazing what a little google can do for you. But it was still difficult for me to find it.

This is the fuse diagram for apparently any 2001 mustang. Page 137

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pub.../01musog3e.pdf

It turns out that i did end up putting the fuse back in the right connection (i guess i got lucky) bc it says that fuse #17 has a 20A. and that's the fuse that you have in that spot as well ctgreddy (the fuse right below the red 10A)

the manual however says that fuse #15 is not used and yours has a 10A if i'm reading it correctly. I wonder why you have one and i dont.

But CT, you DO have a 20A fuse in one of the spots i was asking. It's in the 3rd spot from the top of the mini fuses.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:52 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
Thanks for doing that for me ctgreddy. I never got a chance to tell you since you did all the new mods but i LOVE your car now. the wing and the wheels really set it off. I would easily trade you for a few days if you lived close hahaha.

I see that your fuses are different than mine. I ended up finding a fuse manual from a thread from way back when posted by cliffy. It's amazing what a little google can do for you. But it was still difficult for me to find it.

This is the fuse diagram for apparently any 2001 mustang. Page 137

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pub.../01musog3e.pdf

It turns out that i did end up putting the fuse back in the right connection (i guess i got lucky) bc it says that fuse #17 has a 20A. and that's the fuse that you have in that spot as well ctgreddy (the fuse right below the red 10A)

the manual however says that fuse #15 is not used and yours has a 10A if i'm reading it correctly. I wonder why you have one and i dont.

But CT, you DO have a 20A fuse in one of the spots i was asking. It's in the 3rd spot from the top of the mini fuses.
Well glad that was a easy fix.

And i love everything both of you guys did to your cars, they both look sick
Old 11-09-2011, 08:54 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Thanks dwtjr3! They both may look sick, but yours is cammed and blown. That must be nice!

CT -- here is the manual for you. just plug in your year and make and model and scroll down to page 137ish.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp

Let me know if yours is the same. I wanna know why you have a 10A in slot 15

It goes like this on the left side of those mini fuses.

14 13
16 15
18 17
20 19 etc
Old 11-09-2011, 09:59 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

well if i looked it up right, that 10a is for my radio. and i believe in '01 they changed the radios in them, so that may be why yours doesn't have it.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:22 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Makes sense to me broski!!!!

Quick Reply: Made a rookie mistake