4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Who's running a Steeda k-member?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 06:54 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

Default Who's running a Steeda k-member?

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-l...d-mustang.html
im on the edge on buying one of these and just wondering if anyone is using this. from everything i read, its all positive. i wanted a mm but i dont want to run coil overs just yet. so lets hear it!
Old 01-10-2012, 08:15 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Here is an article to give you a little bit more info on the K-Member:

Let me see if we can find any customer testimonials, also do you have any questions that I can possibly answer until then?

Here is an article for back up that was done as well:

http://www.stangsofsouthflorida.com/...ad.php?t=11338
Old 01-10-2012, 08:37 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

thanks tj, my main concern is longevity. i've read as much as i could find on his k member including the article above. this peice provides all the benifits of a mm k member plus the ability to run factory style coil springs and arms. what i couldn't find is how well it stood up over time in everyday driving and weekend road course beating. if you could get back with the testimonials, that would be great!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:51 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

This isn’t the kind of part where you get people screaming in with testimonials. I am having a hard time looking through our boards for customer testimonials, I see more install questions than anything. If you do a search you will find lesser K-members hold up to street use, but have on rare occasion seen failures in road race use.

You can see ours is far stronger than your average tubular K-member by a long shot just by design. Also, this part saw over 2 1/2 years of background testing before we released it, longer than any other part we have ever developed. It's long term longevity is not going to be an issue.

Steeda is a reputable company that manufacturers only the highest quality parts. I will keep searching for some feedback on the longevity of it, as you can too, but I can reassure you this part is made to last.

Let me know if you need anything else?

Thanks

TJ

Last edited by tj@steeda; 01-11-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:15 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

tj, i haven't read any failures so far. one more question, what kind of warrenty? i kno steeda stands behind their products and produce quality ones too.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:41 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

K-member is considered for race use, there is no lifetime warranty in racing use.
We have tested this product over and over, but for the most part you will have to rely on the reputation of Steeda to back this product.

Please contact Gus at Steeda and he can talk it over with you if you are still hesitant with no lifetime warranty. He can give you specs and the types of testing we have put it through giving you a better idea of what kind of pouding the K-member can take without any issues.

Thanks

TJ
Old 01-16-2012, 05:40 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Can also go with a PA Racing k member that I have read fits very well, is nicely priced, and will be lighter than the Steeda or MM one.

People have run them daily and report no signs of failure. I plan to run a PA one when I get the funds for K member and L/T's.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:30 PM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

i have no problem at all with Steeda's products, but the price seems a little steep IMHO...

im getting an AJE k-member AND the a-arms for less than just the Steeda K...
Old 01-17-2012, 04:37 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Yes,

You are correct that there are other K members out there that may be cheaper, but in a capitalistic society, we know that all products are not created equal and priced the same.

Steeda uses a very strong mix of Chrome Moly and Low Alloy steel. This combination has an excellent strength to weight ratio, are also easily welded and are considerably stronger and harder than steel.

Other K-members might be lighter but how did they achieve those weights? You have to ask yourself did they reduce strength by eliminating steel or leaving off a key component of the system? I can assure you that Steeda has done more engineering and testing on this K member to make sure there are no issues.

Steeda is an ISO 9001-2008 company that has to adhere to strict standards for their products. Let it be known that most of the competition if not all are adhering to these same standards at Steeda. We have made the financial commitment to be an ISO 9001 company because of our tremendous relationship with Ford Motor Company.

There are always going to be cheaper products on the market that one can purchase, but you have to make sure you do your homework. This article does not have much to do with a K member, but you will get the point once you see the side by side comparison of our LCA compared to the competition.

http://www.steeda.com/blog/2012/01/t...-control-arms/

Last edited by tj@steeda; 01-18-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:54 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

well, i know i should have updated this thread but been a little busy. i will be picking up a steeda k member for a few reasons to do with the extra strength and upgraded steering geometry. i will be doing a new thread that will include install and my personal thought on this k member. its going to be at the end of the summer though before a review is presented. i want some drive time on it