4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

New guy, new car

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 05:31 AM
kj4kym
1st Gear Member

Default New guy, new car

new guy here, my name is John and I've always loved mustangs since I was a kid. So I finally bit the bullet and bought my first one. Picked up a 2000 gt vert with 120k. And from what I can tell is its unmodified (yay for not have to fix other peoples shotty work) It does have a roll bar/ styling bar whatever you call it. And I have to say I've only had thing car about a week and I'm in love. Pretty safe to say I have pony blood in the now... here's a few pics. Probably won't be like this very long. I have some pretty big plans but a limited budget.
Here it is on the lot before I bought it

And after a good wash claybar and waxing

yeah its a love story

Well just let me know what you guys/gals think. Like I said new to mustangs so let me know any tips, tricks, hints, or advice you think I should know. I'm open to it all!!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:16 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

auto or manual?

she looks good tho! I love that color, and the styling bar helps verts soooo much, looks more complete now.

as far as mods, some little appearance things would be paint the wheels black, tint the tail lights, and a mach1 chin spoiler/grill delete would help the looks a lot. for go mods i suggest gears/tune/exhaust first thing.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:20 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Welcome to the forums, nice ride.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:24 AM
kj4kym
1st Gear Member

Not sure how ling it will take but future plans are... flat black 18" cobra r wheels<< these will be asap. New black top. Cobra front bumper the one with the round lights. Shave the trunk and maybe put a cobra spoiler on it. The little lip one.. after I get all my body work done and the way I want it. It's going mineral grey! Oh and its a 5spd
Old 02-09-2012, 07:45 AM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kj4kym
Not sure how ling it will take but future plans are... flat black 18" cobra r wheels<< these will be asap. New black top. Cobra front bumper the one with the round lights. Shave the trunk and maybe put a cobra spoiler on it. The little lip one.. after I get all my body work done and the way I want it. It's going mineral grey! Oh and its a 5spd
Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. Just shave the trunk. '03 cobra spoilers are obnoxiously expensive.

Why are you going to have it painted mineral grey? You'll fall in love with redfire once you clay bar and wax it.

The car needs lowered, coil-overs? Maximum Motorsports makes great suspension products. If you're going to keep the car n/a, get some 4.10 gears. 3.73 gears if you're going with some sort of f/i. You'll need a handheld tuner to re-calibrate the speedo. A good tune can help wake up the car, along with a nice exhaust. MGW makes a great short -shifter for these cars. I'd recommend getting some good tires whenever you get the new wheels. You should also look into bigger brakes.

Welcome, and congrats on the new car!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:08 AM
CobraFrenzy
3rd Gear Member

Nice car.. Atleast it's already lowered
Old 02-09-2012, 08:20 AM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Congrats. Nice ride. Let the modding begin.....
Old 02-09-2012, 08:54 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Hope you don't like money....
Old 02-09-2012, 09:24 AM
kj4kym
1st Gear Member

^^^ haha yeah for real. But the paint is faded in places and I've just always loved mineral grey paint. As for the cobra spoiler yeah that'll be one one those things if I come across one cheap ill get it. But I ain't dropping 500 for a new one.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:32 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

I'll tell you straight up - You won't come across one cheap. Be realistic.....

Quick Reply: New guy, new car