4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Confused over loss of MPG

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 10:33 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

winter gas has a bunch of crap in it to keep it from freezing i believe. everyone averages lower mpg's in the winter, and working as a tech that is annoying. especially since everyone seems to come in bitching about it at work when nothings wrong.

and op, i hate you. i'm LUCKY to break 200miles per tank. i wouldn't know what the hell to do if i hit 300 lol
Old 02-10-2012, 10:47 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by ZeroTX
I'm OK with buying it from Canada, too, but OPEC needs to end.
It is a stinking 13% of our oil we get from "them", we could easily (given a Keystone pipeline) get that from Canada, and start using some of our own, and tell the "religion of peace" Muslims to find someone else to buy their oil...

Think that's going to happen with a "raghead-in-chief" in the Oval Office?
Old 02-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk

WTF???
Old 02-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
winter gas has a bunch of crap in it to keep it from freezing i believe. everyone averages lower mpg's in the winter, and working as a tech that is annoying. especially since everyone seems to come in bitching about it at work when nothings wrong.

and op, i hate you. i'm LUCKY to break 200miles per tank. i wouldn't know what the hell to do if i hit 300 lol
Back on topic yea I thought it would be clear by now for anyone paying attn bc it happens Every winter but ppl seem to ask Every winter why their mileage drops.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:02 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by Rockwell28
WTF???
I'm sorry, I meant to say "President Obama"...
Old 02-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Post #10 in the POLITICAL section on the forum in this link kinda goes into details about why it didnt happen http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-pipeline.html
Old 02-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

I'm sorry, I meant to say "President Obama"...
I have Nothing further to say on that really!
Old 02-10-2012, 11:26 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

I am at a stage in my life where I quite honestly don't give a rat's back end about most anything, anymore.

We have spent ourselves into bankruptcy pursuing every wonderful great, noble and virtuous thing we could imagine. The wealth is gone and all that is left is parasites and hosts, and guess what? The hosts have been drained of all they have and are dying off.

Want to see our future? Look at the current situation in Greece and multiply it by 1000 or more. When the pansy "living at home with mommy and daddy" generation realise it's all coming apart the "Occupy Whatever" silliness will look like a girl scout camp-out.

We all want to believe "it can't happen here"; but guess what it can.

If you do not have guns get some, if you do buy ammunition...
Old 02-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

If you do not have guns get some, if you do buy ammunition...
I started buying guns after my First deployment and after i just got shot up(ambushed) on my last deployment in Afghanistan leaving narray 18july(Fouth Deployment) I picked up a few more things when I got back to the states and on my feet again. so im willing and ready for what the world may bring whatever that may be. I have the weapons on each side of the bed and quite enough extra ammo in closet so its covered.

I dont want to derail th Op's thread with all of that though so hopefully things get back to "MPG" talk.

Last edited by Rockwell28; 02-10-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:51 AM
jvog
5th Gear Member

It is a stinking 13% of our oil we get from "them", we could easily (given a Keystone pipeline) get that from Canada, and start using some of our own, and tell the "religion of peace" Muslims to find someone else to buy their oil...

lmao. Once again you are the man.

Cliff for president

Quick Reply: Confused over loss of MPG