4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Considering Trading My 2002 Z28 for a GT Plus Cash. Give Opinions Here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 09:47 AM
TwitchZ28

Default Considering Trading My 2002 Z28 for a GT Plus Cash. Give Opinions Here!

I'm very conflicted about what I want to do here.

Well guys here is what's up. I've got my 2002 Z28 and I love her, but I'm at a stopping point financially and even though I have a cam/pump kit that will put over 400 at the wheels...I cannot afford the install and tune and won't be able to for the next few years(damn college).

I also live in a small college town where there isn't anywhere to really enjoy the power of my camaro and I would much prefer a little better ride and a manual transmission. There is no drag strip near by and no street scene around here at all...so I am thinking that I would end up enjoying a fun little cruiser and a bike more.

THE DEAL IS AS FOLLOWS. MY Z28 FOR THE MUSTANG WITH $2500 COMING MY WAY IN CASH. THIS MONEY BUYS MY STARTER MOTORCYCLE(MOST LIKELY AN SV650)

It's a 2004 40th anniversary GT fully optioned and with tons of aftermarket stuff. It's only got 110 miles on the engine since it was built with 3500miles on the top end parts. The body and trans have 101k on them but the clutch, short throw, rear diff, and a bunch of the stuff is aftermarket and fairly new. It made 309wheel horsepower last time if was dyno'd through the tr3650 5 speed and 3.73 gears. And it's gorgeous...It's also one of the best sounding 2v's I've ever heard.

My Car:

My Car Specs/Mods:
http://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-cl...-ws6-6spd.html

The Mustang:

Mustang's Mod List: http://excel.office.live.com/x/Excel...e=Mustang+Mods

Overall I think this is a good deal for me. The GT will be a nice comfortable cruiser car(won't it??) with a little kick, while the bike will satisfy my speed addiction no problem. My z28 is a great car but I think this GT suits my situation a little better.

I also posted this on ls1tech so I am looking at what everyone says. What do you guys think...why should I or shouldn't I?
Old 02-11-2012, 10:12 AM
supermario
2nd Gear Member

I think mustangs are pretty reliable and the gas is not that bad. I'm not sure about the mpg your camero but my 03 GT auto gets 24mpg highway goin 80mph, and around town mixed driving I'm gettin about 20mpg. That's not bad for a V8. Plus you can probably get an sct tuner, under drive pulleys and perhaps increase gas milage another 1mpg?
Old 02-11-2012, 10:15 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

So you don't have money to tune your Z28 so you want to trade it for a Mustang AND buy a motorcycle? For the cost of licensing both of those vehicles you could have your Z28 tuned it would put busses on that Mustang.

Sounds like money isn't an issue.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:51 AM
TwitchZ28

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
So you don't have money to tune your Z28 so you want to trade it for a Mustang AND buy a motorcycle? For the cost of licensing both of those vehicles you could have your Z28 tuned it would put busses on that Mustang.

Sounds like money isn't an issue.
It's not gonna take 500 dollars for tax title and licence...
Old 02-11-2012, 10:51 AM
TwitchZ28

Originally Posted by supermario
I think mustangs are pretty reliable and the gas is not that bad. I'm not sure about the mpg your camero but my 03 GT auto gets 24mpg highway goin 80mph, and around town mixed driving I'm gettin about 20mpg. That's not bad for a V8. Plus you can probably get an sct tuner, under drive pulleys and perhaps increase gas milage another 1mpg?
MPG is not a concern here. and if you read the mod list you would see it's been tuned and comes with an sct.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:04 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by TwitchZ28
It's not gonna take 500 dollars for tax title and licence...
Cost me $350-400 to license mine. Just seems like money isn't an issue since you'd be trading for the Mustang AND then buying a motorcycle. I guess I'm confused as how a Mustang and bike is cheaper than your current car.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:24 AM
TwitchZ28

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
Cost me $350-400 to license mine. Just seems like money isn't an issue since you'd be trading for the Mustang AND then buying a motorcycle. I guess I'm confused as how a Mustang and bike is cheaper than your current car.
It isn't cheaper its...the same. more or less.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:47 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

So you'll be in the same boat.
I'd keep what you have.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:49 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Why in the world would you want to downgrade to a mustang?
Old 02-11-2012, 01:03 PM
TwitchZ28

Wow these really aren't the responses I was expecting on mustang forums...

Yes I would be in the same boat...but the boat is cool.
I am deciding between a nice muscle car vs a slightly less nice muscle car + a motorcycle.

You guys really think this is a bad choice in my situation?

Quick Reply: Considering Trading My 2002 Z28 for a GT Plus Cash. Give Opinions Here!