4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Man, I feel like a fool/idiot...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 12:55 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by supermario
You see if you would have been driving crazy and showing off more often, you would have know how to handle your car better. LOL. JK.
Ha!
Old 03-05-2012, 01:06 AM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Then a year later I got a GT and there was a little bit of snow on the ground.
I hear ya. Yeah, 441 is a good deal. AM is truly the best. Funny story, last winter I backed my Mustang out of the garage maybe a couple feet. VERY gradual grade. Thats as far as I got. I couldn't get it back in. So I thought I'd back up a little more to get a run at it. Nope. Each time I got further and further out of the garage. Before too long I was completely blocking my alley. Well, 45 minutes of spinning with the wife and kids trying to push, getting nowhere. I finally got it moving enough to drive down the alley and drive around the block. On way back, I made sure I had a good run at it and into the garage I went. A lesson learned there.
Originally Posted by Schmalgar
Ugh that sucks! Ok I'll give you one to make you feel not alone. I was in my WS6 with a GF, stopped at a red light. There was a nice white Cadillac in front of me....
Another funny story. Exact same thing happened to me while in my buddies truck. A HUGE F-150, built 460, 39.5 SuperSwampers, monster *** lift. A home built front bumper made out of 4"x6" 1/2" wall steel tube. Well it was a Lexus SUV in front of us. At a red light burning a fat dooby (my younger partying years), light turns green and buddy floors it. Although he floored it before the old guy in front of us did. I thought we were going to drive over this poor old guy. Needless to say, there was no damage to his truck. Couple scratched on that monster bumper. As for the SUV, destroyed. Cops called, smelled weed, busted buddy, truck impounded. I get to walk home...
Other day I drove through an alley and hit a huge pothole, my car bottom out and now my passenger door doesnt open properly.
Man, sorry to hear. That must of been one monster pothole. Hope you can get it fixed.

You know, Im feeling better already...lol
Old 03-05-2012, 01:21 AM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

I'm surprised cliffy hasn't chimed into this thread. He seems to be the older yet wiser type of guy that would have a few cents to throw in. Them old timers are the type that have, "been there, done that"...

Forgive me cliffy if you are offended at me calling you an old timer. Let me know and I will edit this post and remove the old timer part and just leave the wiser...lol
Old 03-05-2012, 02:05 AM
stang06lv
2nd Gear Member

Thats nothing man, you wouldnt belive whag i did today...im 23, Besides days like this/just paid 189 to register car/insurance 150.....so why not haul *** around a (large corner) going around 40? Hit the dam curb front wheel first i believe, destroyed my brand new gforce tire has a huge (hole) passenger rear tire/a big *** scratch on pass rim as well as tire being completly destroyed on the side wall... o well everything happens for a reason? lol jml... Bought used rear tire, put donut up front, now the car leans to the right when driving ...would that be the alinment? i didnt see tie rods bent ??? love these cars just cant believe this hapt pend not saying it was the cars fault

thanks guys
gl w/ your sitiuation op.

Last edited by stang06lv; 03-05-2012 at 02:19 AM. Reason: forgot
Old 03-05-2012, 06:48 AM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

Life is all about living and learning!
It is always better to learn from other people's mistakes so you don't repeat them. Most of us have had at least one moment of embarrassment from horsing around/showing off. Life's best moments always follow the statement "Hey fellas, watch this!"

Glad to hear nobody got hurt and that the fix/repair will only set you back a little over $400. A fairly cheap lesson. Too many young people pay the ultimate price for their indiscretions and inexperience.

This will be a funny story to share with your peers in the future.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:18 AM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRUEBLUE3934
Life is all about living and learning!
It is always better to learn from other people's mistakes so you don't repeat them. Most of us have had at least one moment of embarrassment from horsing around/showing off. Life's best moments always follow the statement "Hey fellas, watch this!".....

This will be a funny story to share with your peers in the future.
I just kinda wish my buddy would of had a camera rolling. Would of made a good youtube video.

Just received an email from AM telling me my order was accepted. Ya know, I'm feeling better already...lol
Old 03-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Sounds to me like you experienced snap oversteer or as someone else called it lift off oversteer. It's one of the things that can occur when you stress the stock rear suspension too much, in that situation the lca's/uca's will fight each other to keep the axle under the car, then most likely the UCA's binded on a hop of the rear snapping the axle out to the side.

Just speculation on my end though.. I'd check the tie rod/bushing/a arm on the passenger side.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:49 PM
TheNameless
2nd Gear Member

learned your lesson the hard way lol. but hey like what everyone else says it could be alot worse.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:32 PM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Aereon
Sounds to me like you experienced snap oversteer or as someone else called it lift off oversteer. It's one of the things that can occur when you stress the stock rear suspension too much, in that situation the lca's/uca's will fight each other to keep the axle under the car, then most likely the UCA's binded on a hop of the rear snapping the axle out to the side.

Just speculation on my end though.. I'd check the tie rod/bushing/a arm on the passenger side.
Yeah, snap oversteer sounds about right. It sure did "snap" sideways in a heartbeat.

I crawled under car today and searched again for ANY evidence of any scraping or bending. The tie rod is tight and there is no (side to side) movement to the front wheel. If it were to hit the a-arm, there would be some evidence where it connected with the concrete curb. Nothing. Same with the rear. Cant see anything. No evidence of hitting anything. Think I lucked out.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:35 PM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheNameless
learned your lesson the hard way lol. but hey like what everyone else says it could be alot worse.

Yeah, lesson learned.

Next time I will stay in it...lol

Quick Reply: Man, I feel like a fool/idiot...