4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Who do you let drive your car??

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Default Who do you let drive your car??

I've noticed lately that the members on MF have been having alot of accidents. 90% of the time it's not even the owner driving the car. A brother, sister, friend etc., etc.,. Just wondering, who do you let drive your car??
Old 03-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Crispy2000Gt
2nd Gear Member

Just me, dads to tall , gf can't drive stick and my brother is a maniac behind the wheel lol actually my buddy let his gf drive his car the other day while he followed in a truck, they were moving. The light turned yellow and she didn't want to speed up so she slammed on the brakes and pow! He hit the back of her lol mustang was in alright shape the truck was f'ed. Who's fault? Probably both, poor guy
Old 03-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Just me like 95% of the time may wife may drive it once a month or so. My Ex wife wrecked my truck(dd) my x girl wrecked my 98 grand prix gtp(dd) and my wife wrecked my 96 t bird(dd) each time i had two vehicles at th time. So with my luck on letting the other half drive one of my cars it want be the stang that she will be driving.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:40 PM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Tried to teach my wife how to drive my stick on old country road after first getting car. That lasted about a half mile.

Promised my 12 year old son if he made honor roll at school, I'd teach him how to drive my car. Well, he did. Believe it or not, my power seats go so far forward, and up so high, he could sit firmly in seat and see above the hood/dash and depress clutch pedal all the way to floor.

I'm a man of my word. Went way, WAY out in country one late afternoon. Although, since the day I brought my Mustang home, my son was fascinated with the stick shift. And every time he was in that car, he was studying what I was doing. After explaining on how a manual works and its all about sliding the two clutch surfaces, he never killed it once. Although, he was a little jerky on the throttle.

Besides that, I let my cousin take me for a ride around town as payment for helping me install my exhaust. His idea as payment.

Finally, let my older brother (mid 40's) take it for the day while I swapped a motor in his Blazer. That's all for me. From now on, my Mustang is like my wife. Only I will ride her...
Old 03-04-2012, 08:40 PM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

I have let a couple of co-workers drive my car only because they wanted to see what it was like with the S/C. Other then that I am the only one who drives it. My wife hates the car and won't even ride in it, which is fine with me. I tried to teach my son how to drive it, but he just can't master shifting so he will never drive it. So I am the only one.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by scooter3
I have let a couple of co-workers drive my car only because they wanted to see what it was like with the S/C. Other then that I am the only one who drives it. My wife hates the car and won't even ride in it, which is fine with me. I tried to teach my son how to drive it, but he just can't master shifting so he will never drive it. So I am the only one.

I thought I was the only one that lucky, lol!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:02 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

since my cars have hand controls, only my brother because he's drove my cars quite a bit. my cousin bout went through his house pushing the controls in the wrong direction.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:13 PM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

i let a select couple of friends, my dad, my brother, my mom drove it before the s/c, but i dont just let anyone drive my car, and im always in it if im not driving
Old 03-04-2012, 09:22 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

My wife will drive mine sometimes. Luckily for me she does know how to drive, build engines and everything else that goes along with maintaining a car. Also happy wife = happy life
Old 03-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

No one... because its broken.

Quick Reply: Who do you let drive your car??