4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

98GT pi swap acceleration video!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 10:52 AM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

id like to see it as well.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:13 AM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by EddyG
Yea I wouldn't doubt it haha. Even though he may be somewhat right and cares for other peoples safety. But whatever. I'm definitely not saying he's wrong but am not saying I'm right.
Lol, Im not saying hes wrong but I dont see why he feels the need to yell at anyone that gets on it on the street. It happens a million times a day and its not gonna change how we drive.

Why buy a mustang if you dont get on it every now and again?

Some people dont live near a track either so dont come back with that one.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:39 AM
infine0n

I am in the process of doing the complete PI swap on my 96GT. I'd like to see this video please.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

Put the vid back up brah! Don't get butthurt because some prude got jelly!
Old 03-14-2012, 02:02 PM
EddyG
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Moonshine
Haha ok here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6spClIK5sM
Old 03-14-2012, 05:39 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

first of all in the direction i turned there is nobody in that direction. and dont tell me that you have never done a pull on the street before?
"NOBODY in the direction" ??- you can see the cars out your window as you turn, ust like you can clearly see the speed limit sign. You fail. And ask anyone who knows me or my posts. I don't pull crap like this on the street, nor will I pat the back of someone looking for attention by acting stupid on the street. I promote legal driving practices and track use.

Feel free to scroll through this sticky:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-g...read-this.html

Yea I wouldn't doubt it haha. Even though he may be somewhat right and cares for other peoples safety. But whatever. I'm definitely not saying he's wrong but am not saying I'm right.
So I'm right and looking out for people, and you're not saying you're in the right... but I'm the bad guy here for thinking you should obey the law? Anyone else see the issue with that??

Originally Posted by justinschmidt1
Lol, Im not saying hes wrong but I dont see why he feels the need to yell at anyone that gets on it on the street. It happens a million times a day and its not gonna change how we drive.

Why buy a mustang if you dont get on it every now and again?

Some people dont live near a track either so dont come back with that one.
I love how even you are saying I'm not wrong. And I'm not yelling by any means. I support what I believe in - safe driving. Believe it or not, some of us do own Mustangs to drive them safely on the roads. Promoting track events and safe driving is a big movement, not just me. I don't care if you live near a track or not. When I living in MN, I drove my V6 as far as GA (South GA Motorsport Park) to race it. So that "too far" excuse doesn't float with me.

Originally Posted by Moonshine
Me a "Jelly Prude"?? LOL Riiiiight. Pretty happy with my stable. Not "jelly" at all of lawbreakers.

EDIT: And for the record, I started caring about it when I had friends killed by people doing just this type of thing. I also lot a friend being stupid who did this, suffered mechanical failure and was killed when he lost it. To add to it, a few months ago a kid was doing a "pull" on my street... and almost hit my 2 year old daughter and I. So yeah - it does happen. Can you imagine being on the other end of the courtroom looking the parents of a dead 2 year old in the eye and trying to justify you stupid 15 second pull showing off. Try it, see how it feels.

Last edited by LilRoush; 03-14-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:06 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

Old 03-14-2012, 07:11 PM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kugzgt
omg i laughed for 10 minutes after seeing this!!!!!

i dont see the big issue here, he got into and then backed right back down...

if you really want to go yell at someone why dont you go to a town/state meeting and find out why cops think they have the god given right to tailgate everyone, go 100 mph all the time without their lights on, and generally disobey every rule of the road, then think they have the right to give people like us a ticket for "reckless driving"...

id like to see a pig in a P71 keep up with anyone's car on this forum that is even remotely set up for anything other than strict drag duty...

FWIW, i see a bunch more wrecked cruisers around here than i do any car that has work done to it, hell a years ago a pig flew through an intersection right in front of me and t-boned a minivan without his lights on or anything...

seems a little more dangerous than doing a 10-80 pull then backing right down to 50ish...
Old 03-14-2012, 07:16 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

You guys act like I don't care about all the other stuff.

Trying to justify actions by pointing at someone else and saying "But he does it, too" is something I expect from a 7 year old, not an adult.

Any thread trying to draw attention by an illegal action is just a waste. If you post them and can't handle taking the heat for your actions, STOP posting them.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:43 PM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

I too am a pretty firm believer in taking cars to the track for racing. However, it is frankly unreasonable to think that the entire world will never exceed the posted speed limit. There is a such thing as the correct time and place for play on the streets. Good judgement is required.

It is more likely that we all will know people killed in car accidents as we get older. Unfortunately, many guys won't grasp the concept until it happens to someone they know.

Side note... NOT a good idea to post up video evidence of you breaking the law. Just inviting issues with the law.

Quick Reply: 98GT pi swap acceleration video!!!!