4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Tire puncture -_-

Old 03-16-2012, 04:35 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Default Tire puncture -_-

Let's just say I'm not happy. I was hungry and wanted to get food. Looks like a fat nail but i dunno. Not happy. I bought the tires off of tire rack and didn't get that road hazard program. I've never had an issue like this before. Tire rack is giving me a discount and free shipping as well. Props to them helping me out. Now for the waiting game. Here are some pictures.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

So you're replacing it? Just take it to get plugged.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:17 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by Xemeth
I called multiple tire shops around me and most of the recommended that I don't plug it because the side wall was too thin. Plus the speed rating will drop on that tire. I do plan on going to the track as well with this set up. I'll keep the tire n get it plugged as a back up if needed.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xemeth
this^^^ that can also be patched from inside.
If leak isnt on side wall it can be fixed..I think the tire shop fed you some BS crash

Last edited by Repzard; 03-16-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:03 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by Repzard
this^^^ that can also be patched from inside.
If leak isnt on side wall it can be fixed..I think the tire shop fed you some BS crash
meh, if they did then oh well. I will get it plugged but for peace of mind a new tire will allow me to feel comfortable. Tires are the only thing in contact with the ground and if I'm going to the track the last thing I need is a plug to come out 120 miles from home. A new tire will keep me from always worrying about it. The two tire who's I spoke with mentioned that the integrity of the tire will be compromised. Also, both said that since the tire is a 35 profile series the side wall may be damaged be taking it off and remounting again. If its bs then what ever. I still want some peace in mind. I dunno still not happy and just ranting -_-
Old 03-16-2012, 06:05 PM
supersnake67
2nd Gear Member

Yeah they did !!! I work for a toyota dealer and patch tires daily without issues. Unless its too close to the sidewall then I recommend a tire. We are "NOT" allowed to plug tires cause it's not legal as per my boss..... , but it does happen. And the good news is that a tire patch cost like 15 bucks.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:06 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by supersnake67
Yeah they did !!! I work for a toyota dealer and patch tires daily without issues. Unless its too close to the sidewall then I recommend a tire. We are "NOT" allowed to plug tires cause it's not legal as per my boss..... , but it does happen. And the good news is that a tire patch cost like 15 bucks.
So then how would it handle launching at the track?
Old 03-16-2012, 06:09 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Old 03-16-2012, 06:11 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Is that too close to the sidewall then?
Old 03-16-2012, 06:15 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

maybe these guys were idiots then. It's not like I bought or was going to buy a tire from them and both of them talked me out of getting it patched up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire puncture -_-