4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

10 bucks makes a world of difference!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 10:35 PM
4.6Gtconv
1st Gear Member

Default 10 bucks makes a world of difference!

Tinted taillights with a can of VHT niteshade..available at your local parts store.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:21 PM
spivey3

Looking nice!
Old 03-24-2012, 11:26 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

How hard do you think it was?
Old 03-25-2012, 01:18 AM
TheNameless
2nd Gear Member

Does the VHT have any shine when you see it in person or is it more of a flat black? I ve been debating for a long time now if i should take off my tinted films and just do the night shade.. the only thing is once you do VHT thats it no going back
Old 03-25-2012, 01:35 AM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Looking good bro...

Get that lower valance decal I sent you on and she'll be looking real nice. I wanna see pics...

Gonna try the VHT brand tomorrow. Rustolium makes some but its crap. **** fish-eyed on me and had to strip off. Finally got them prepped, again, and will git-r-done tomorrow...

You should post up a good pic of the new gauges...
Old 03-25-2012, 02:36 AM
4.6Gtconv
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by spivey3
Looking nice!
Thanks man.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:42 AM
4.6Gtconv
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dwtjr3
How hard do you think it was?
Honestly it wasnt very hard .. My taillights were like new... I just wiped them off then blew whatever dust was on them with a compressor and applied even first coat. Let harden fir an hour then apply as many coats till the desired darkness usually no more than 3, then apply 2-3 clear coats. Finished .. O ya make sure to paint side by side so both end up the same darkness.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:46 AM
4.6Gtconv
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheNameless
Does the VHT have any shine when you see it in person or is it more of a flat black? I ve been debating for a long time now if i should take off my tinted films and just do the night shade.. the only thing is once you do VHT thats it no going back
It's more of a flat finish ..but I put 3 coats of clear and that gave it a gloss.. If you don't want it glossy just spray on VHT and 1 cost of clear or maybe no clear just sealer.. If you want high gloss do 3-4 coats of clear and buff them out.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:49 AM
4.6Gtconv
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheNameless
O ya and you can go back to stock look just have to sand them down.. But trust me you can get them back to stock after, would be just more work than peeling tint off ... But spray looks so much cleaner IMO ??
Old 03-25-2012, 02:54 AM
4.6Gtconv
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MyGt03
Looking good bro...

Get that lower valance decal I sent you on and she'll be looking real nice. I wanna see pics...

Gonna try the VHT brand tomorrow. Rustolium makes some but its crap. **** fish-eyed on me and had to strip off. Finally got them prepped, again, and will git-r-done tomorrow...

You should post up a good pic of the new gauges...
Thanks brotha !! I know I can't wait for the valance either man .. Should be here Monday hopefully.. Ya just get the VHT brand, I have a feeling all problems will go away and it will look good. I'll take pics tomorrow of gauges.

Quick Reply: 10 bucks makes a world of difference!