4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

really want to get a gt

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 04:31 PM
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by badlx87
Mine was t-boned in the entire right rear quarter... its now full of bondo. Has a perfectly clean carfax though! Lol
Yep, If it does not get reported to the insurance company and the person fixes it on there own it will not be on the CARFAX.

My car was fleet vehicle of some kind, at least that is what the CARFAX said, and I'll bet you it was fixed by the owners on their dime and it was never turned into the insurance CO thus never going on the CARFAX.

So you still can get hosed if your not care full. I could tell mine was all changed out when I got it and they did a good job on fixing it, so it really wasn't a problem for me when I got it.

The whole maintenance thing is a joke as well and doesn't mean much, a person could have done all the required maintenance and it will never be on the CARFAX either if it wasn't done through a dealer or what ever that reports it.

As I said before, CARFAX's are only as good as to what was reported on them.

It is still CAVET EMPTOR when buying a car, CARFAX or no CARFAX.

Lynn