4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

best place to buy gears?

Old 04-03-2012, 06:15 PM
medsav

Default best place to buy gears?

I'm about to upgrade to 4.10 gears. I'm going with ford racing and the bearing kit. And how do I find out how much gear oil I will need. And is their anyone who sells a kit with everything?
Thanks 01 mustang bullitt
Old 04-03-2012, 06:41 PM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

Idk if you have a tuner or not but here's a kit from Americanmuscle http://www.americanmuscle.com/tuner-...it-9904gt.html
Old 04-03-2012, 07:00 PM
munch
DO NOT TRUST THIS MEMBER - http://mustangforums.com/forum/forum-issues-and-feedback/723187-fraud-user-name-munch.html

I second american muscle, fast shipping and great customer support
Old 04-03-2012, 09:48 PM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

+10 on AM for the parts.

IIRC, it takes 2 quarts of fluid plus the small bottle of Ford friction modifier to fill the diff.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:18 AM
disposablehero27
4th Gear Member

AM, not only is it fast shipping, its free shipping.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Instead of getting parts here and there there is a place to get the complete kit with everything you need down to the fluid and bearings http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...r-End-Gear-Kit

now that kit I just listed for you is $249 Complete. Now if you peice all that together from AM the gears are $179, the ring and pinion install kit $144, and royal purple $16.99x 2. so thats $356.98 for a kit that you can get complete for $249. Just a thought thats the route I went years ago after looking around and doing the math I went the complete kit route from latemodelresto.

Last edited by Rockwell28; 04-07-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:34 AM
pfc_gomez
1st Gear Member

$549.99 for the bundle including the Bama Tuner. I was told the Bama Tuner is good for fixing your spedo after the gear install plus you can customize it according to your upgrades. I will be buying the 3.73 bundle in the next few days this seems like good deal.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:32 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Thanks everyone for recommending us! We appreciate loyal customers and we're glad to see that you guys are happy with the service.

Keep in mind that we'll price-match any reputable competitors advertised price, so hit up one of our Mustang Experts during our business hours and they'll get you set up. Between that, and the MustangForums.com member discount that we offer, we'll always be the same price or cheaper than our competitors, plus free same-day shipping!

Originally Posted by medsav
I'm about to upgrade to 4.10 gears. I'm going with ford racing and the bearing kit. And how do I find out how much gear oil I will need. And is their anyone who sells a kit with everything?
Thanks 01 mustang bullitt
We typically sell (3) bottles of the Royal Purple gear oil for an 8.8" rear. We do have kits available on our site that include everything you need (tuner, gears, gear oil, install kits, etc.). However, if you're interested in just the gears and already have a tuner or the install kit, etc. we can custom create a package for you!

Hit us up via phone any time during our business hours or shoot me over a PM with a good time I can have one of our Mustang Experts call you and we'll get you squared away in no time!

You'll love what 4.10's do for you!
Old 04-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
We appreciate loyal customers and we're glad to see that you guys are happy with the service.

Keep in mind that we'll price-match any reputable competitors advertised price, so hit up one of our Mustang Experts during our business hours and they'll get you set up. Between that, and the MustangForums.com member discount that we offer, we'll always be the same price or cheaper than our competitors, plus free same-day shipping!

We typically sell (3) bottles of the Royal Purple gear oil for an 8.8" rear. We do have kits available on our site that include everything you need (tuner, gears, gear oil, install kits, etc.). However, if you're interested in just the gears and already have a tuner or the install kit, etc. we can custom create a package for you!

Hit us up via phone any time during our business hours or shoot me over a PM with a good time I can have one of our Mustang Experts call you and we'll get you squared away in no time!
That being said since im the Only one in this thread that advised this kit from another place http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...aign=shopzilla I usually get most or all of my parts from AM but when it came time to get gears I already had a tuner and wasn't aware that you guys will pricematch any kit out there from your competitors all I knew was that there was a complete kit on anohter site minus the tuner and i looked for a complete kit comparable to that same one without the tuner on AM first bc thats where I ususally get my parts from so thats why I personally went with one of the competitors for my kit bc they had it listed up already BUT if I would have known that you guys would pricematch and peice that kit together then I would have went with you guys but I didnt know that until reading that just now and if I wasn't a member on this forum I still wouldn't know that. That may also be the same for anyone else who doesnt read up on this forum they may only see the complete kit somewhere else and not on AM so they may decide to go with you guys competitor not knowing that you guys will peice that together and pricematch it. So im just a purchaser but i would advise that you guys post up a complete kit comparable to the ones that your competitors sell that way there is no venturing out. Thats just a bit of advice from a customer because sometimes consumers go with what they can see not what they don't know that was the case with me not meaning im not a "loyal customer". T.R.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:05 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rockwell28
That being said since im the Only one in this thread that advised this kit from another place

I usually get most or all of my parts from AM but when it came time to get gears I already had a tuner and wasn't aware that you guys will pricematch any kit out there from your competitors all I knew was that there was a complete kit on anohter site minus the tuner and i looked for a complete kit comparable to that same one without the tuner on AM first bc thats where I ususally get my parts from so thats why I personally went with one of the competitors for my kit bc they had it listed up already BUT if I would have known that you guys would pricematch and peice that kit together then I would have went with you guys but I didnt know that until reading that just now and if I wasn't a member on this forum I still wouldn't know that. That may also be the same for anyone else who doesnt read up on this forum they may only see the complete kit somewhere else and not on AM so they may decide to go with you guys competitor not knowing that you guys will peice that together and pricematch it. So im just a purchaser but i would advise that you guys post up a complete kit comparable to the ones that your competitors sell that way there is no venturing out. Thats just a bit of advice from a customer because sometimes consumers go with what they can see not what they don't know that was the case with me not meaning im not a "loyal customer". T.R.
No biggie, we appreciate you being a loyal customer and we'll be here for anything else you need! We publish our price-matching policy in our sub-forums, but I think it's probably a great idea to get the word out there more. Thanks again, and we'll definitely see you for your next mod!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: best place to buy gears?