4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

So i bought a built motor, and got screwed on it.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:49 AM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

yeah it sucks, lesson learned. I wouldnt put off the whole thing tho. its not like the threads cant be fixed. id call it a bump in the road. its not like the block is cracked. ur the shadetree master keith, i have faith in you
Old 04-04-2012, 10:15 AM
CobraFrenzy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kugzgt
yeah it sucks, lesson learned. I wouldnt put off the whole thing tho. its not like the threads cant be fixed. id call it a bump in the road. its not like the block is cracked. ur the shadetree master keith, i have faith in you
^^^^^^^^ this
Old 04-04-2012, 10:30 AM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kugzgt
Yeah man I agree, even if u have to throw ur old motor in for a while just to fix the 04 cobra block. Doesn't mean u have to sell it u could hold on to it right? Then you could fix it when u get the chance
Old 04-04-2012, 10:51 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

There all being helicoiled by a local engine builder, 5$ a hole. He assures me they will be stroger than the stock threads, and considering i hate taping things myself and taping all those holes in time consuming and im on a time frame so im just letting him do it, droppin the motor of tomorrow
Old 04-04-2012, 11:40 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Om just hoping the plug threads arent stripped, but it seems like every single thing that was touched is stripped
Old 04-04-2012, 11:43 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Thiisssss isssssss crassssshh and immmmm happppyy forrrrr youuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuubbbeerrrrrrrrr!
Old 04-04-2012, 11:43 AM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Well thats good to hear man, hopefully he can either rethread them or helicoil them.

Are moost of them completely stripped like no thread left at all? Or are they crossthreaded really bad?
Old 04-04-2012, 11:44 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Ube why don't you call the guy up and ask him wtf's up ?
He said theres no way they were stripped, the motors good it held 630rwhp and so on, then later he said had problems with like two header holes that he used longer bolts with...... Something which should o been mentioned in the first place, the other 15 stripped holes must of grew legs and went to the strip club and stripped themselves i guess.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:47 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by uberstang1
He said theres no way they were stripped, the motors good it held 630rwhp and so on, then later he said had problems with like two header holes that he used longer bolts with...... Something which should o been mentioned in the first place, the other 15 stripped holes must of grew legs and went to the strip club and stripped themselves i guess.
Also for only have 77 miles and 15 dyno pulls the oil was black, prob bull**** there too. Guess i cant take anyones word now a days, i knew something was up when i said to him how do i know its a 04 cobra block and he said because its cast iron, all gt blocks were aluminum LOL but i didnt wanna argue.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

Edit, nevermind.. I missed a reply up there somewhere. Answered my question

Last edited by Shampue; 04-04-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Quick Reply: So i bought a built motor, and got screwed on it.