MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   Squeaky suspension (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/669553-squeaky-suspension.html)

silvr002001 04-12-2012 05:30 PM

Squeaky suspension

Well had my car lowered with eibach pro kit a few months ago. Maybe not immediately after but soon after the install I developed a squeak somewhere in the suspension. I have tried to spray everything I can think of with some lube but I still can't get rid of it. I think it's coming from the back but I can't tell. Today it did it when I pulled the car out of 3rd gear and the front end lurched down a bit so I really can't say that it is coming from the back now for sure. The sound can't be reproduced by pushing down on any corner of the vehicle. It seems to happen over lightly bumpy roads and not really over big dips. Any help you guys could give would be much appreciated.

JRad405 04-12-2012 06:27 PM

The spring may not be seated properly or bushing wasnt placed back properly. it may not be as easy as lubrication.

Do you know what area its from. Like go ver a bump with each wheel and see when the noise occurs. And then diafnose further from there.

silvr002001 04-12-2012 06:54 PM

Yeah I hope they put everything back right. I paid them good money to put those things in there.It is so hard to pinpoint exactly where it is coming from I know I hear it from the right side but now front or rear isn't as clear.

JRad405 04-13-2012 07:23 AM

Just try to go over a bump with each tire. It could be a pot hole that you use even. You just need to isolate the area first. And are you running isos? Some people hear squeeking if they have no isos but thats rare.

MCxQubed 04-13-2012 08:01 AM

Did they put new isolaters or reuse the old ones? Because I'm pretty sure without them your suspension will make some noise

CobraFrenzy 04-13-2012 09:25 AM

Crank up the music lol I hate wen my car makes unusual noises... That's what's happens with after market parts lol hope you figure it out

Repzard 04-13-2012 10:25 AM

also may want to check and see if your tail pipes that go over rear axle arent rubbing the upper control arms.

had this issue after my cobra got lowered.

GL

03gt04mach1 04-13-2012 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by MCxQubed (Post 7908930)
Did they put new isolaters or reuse the old ones? Because I'm pretty sure without them your suspension will make some noise

This is what I was going to say. Plus, make sure the rubber isolators were not installed twisted or off center also.

silvr002001 04-13-2012 07:30 PM

As far as I know they used they re used the stock Isos. Unless the eibach kit comes with new ones then I'm sure that's what they did. I can see the Isos though and they appear to be in good condition from what I can see. The sound is most definetly coming from the rear. Is it possible that the noise could just be coming from the shocks. I didn't replace them with the springs. I know when I sit down in the car I can occasionally hear a creak from the rear shock. It is a totally different noise from the squeak though. Today I even lubed the bushings inside the trunk on top of the shocks. If anything the sound is worse now!! It's pretty much driving me crazy. I just spent a lot of money on this mofo lol. Tuner gears springs brakes wheels and tires and now it sounds like there are some rouge gerbils in the trunk.

silvr002001 04-13-2012 10:00 PM

Ok got the car to reproduce the sound by pressing down on it with the e brake off(duh) definetly coming from left rear. Just can't tell where. Everything is clear of the exhaust though. It sounds like the spring or shock and other way to isolate the noise further?