4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Before you buy from modular head shop you might want to read this

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 05:40 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
I actually found it quite humorous..... A LOT of people have no idea the challenges a small business faces on the day to day. Everyone wants to use you but you don't have the resources to keep up. So you either take in more work than you can handle or turn them away. If you turn them away, most people act like spoiled brats these days and they will go on the forums and crap all over you. If you take in to much work, you get behind and people will go on the forums and take a crap on you.

Between frivolous lawsuits, taxes and entitled people... it's amazing any small company can survive.
Well put Moose
Old 04-18-2012, 05:52 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dwtjr3
Wow thats horrible. That makes me never wana go MHS.

Now who do you guys go to for head work?

fox lake, cushman
Old 04-18-2012, 07:24 PM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

wow, thats unbelievable. Thanks for posting, I'll be recommending other companies to friends in the future
Old 04-18-2012, 08:37 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
Did you read where Nick scammed this dude out of $1000? One incident or not that's not the kind of business I'd ever do business with. He may do good work but he won't be getting any of my money.

If you search around you'll find other issues about his customer service. To me the one thing Nick had above other companies was his customer service. Now that he's lost that (unless he makes this right) if I ever need work done or anyone else I won't be going to MHS.
I agree with this 100%, it wasnt the buyers fault that nick sent him faulty heads in the first place, and no Nick wants to charge him $1000 for damages when they were damaged when the buyer received them?

And im still confused why didnt the buyer receive his stock heads back? even if they were broken
Old 04-18-2012, 10:16 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

nicks a ******
Old 04-18-2012, 10:34 PM
StangisSwag
2nd Gear Member

im just trying to understand the situation

first, that guy basically stole the set of heads he was given so theres that
but when he had the heads shipped and they "broke" during the process...isnt it the costumers fault for not packaging it correctly like it was delivered to his house? arent the shipping companies not liable for things like that and the costumer pays for damage?
Old 04-19-2012, 05:50 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

This is mind boggling
Old 04-19-2012, 06:16 AM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

I believe there's a thing called insurance. Its an option.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:06 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by boduke0220
This is mind boggling
It happens quite a bit, with the most common indications that all is not well being missed shipping dates, suspicious excuses and an overall deterioration of customer service as discussed above. If I had a nickel for every time in my life that I have had dealings with entrepreneurial operations that turned to crap in this same manner, I'd have at least 50¢ by now.

About half of them eventually worked out OK, the worst I remember was with a Tektronix distortion analyzer, sent off for calibration, that after 6 months of delays and excuses "could not be found"--and never was...
Old 04-19-2012, 01:01 PM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

**** happens....It sucks for the OP but at the same time, look at it frm nicks position.

He wasnt responsible for packaging the heads that got destroyed.

Quick Reply: Before you buy from modular head shop you might want to read this