4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Before you buy from modular head shop you might want to read this

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 03:01 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by justinschmidt1
**** happens....It sucks for the OP but at the same time, look at it frm nicks position.

He wasnt responsible for packaging the heads that got destroyed.
The heads were already garbage when he sent them out. Nick told the engine builder he has a pile of cam caps that he could replace it with. No money out of Nicks pocket yet he is trying to screw over the OP. Plus he basically stole the OPs original heads and never showed proof they were bad. Who knows where those heads are now, probably sold to another customer. I could deal with poor customer service, long waits but when I hear of someone getting scammed by a company I would never give them a penny of my money for anything.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
I actually found it quite humorous..... A LOT of people have no idea the challenges a small business faces on the day to day. Everyone wants to use you but you don't have the resources to keep up. So you either take in more work than you can handle or turn them away. If you turn them away, most people act like spoiled brats these days and they will go on the forums and crap all over you. If you take in to much work, you get behind and people will go on the forums and take a crap on you.

Between frivolous lawsuits, taxes and entitled people... it's amazing any small company can survive.

I hear you but if what the OP say's is true and if this were to happen to you, I don't think you would find it as humorous. If I pay my money I want what I paid for.. I almost made a road trip to VA last year because I thought I hadn't gotten dooped. Just me tho. Don't play with my money, my family and you want have no problems with Soldier!

Last edited by Soldier GT; 04-19-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

I didnt go back to the linked thread in the OP but did the shop owner respond?
Old 04-19-2012, 04:38 PM
BADASS03SVT

Originally Posted by aschroeger
I didnt go back to the linked thread in the OP but did the shop owner respond?
sorry I forgot to post here...he responded on YB and I responded back

Originally Posted by nickmckinney
There are 2 sides to a story and 3 issues to this one.

First the heads have increased oil clearance at the cam journals, rather than get long winded here are my findings on that:

http://www.modularheadshop.com/Artic...tem%20mods.htm

Second the valve job was out of round. The shop that did the seat work for me missed it and I missed it. Since my name are on the heads I took the responsibility 100% and offered a full 100% refund and sent out the UPS call tags to pick them up on my dime. I don’t want heads with bad seats out in the field, it should have been caught on 2 different occasions before leaving and it wasn’t. That’s all on me (and boy it won’t happen again) Anyone who builds engines and/or heads and has never had a mistake probably ain’t built enough of them yet. Its what you do to correct it that is the most important thing. I said I would take the heads back no problem, and I have brought the seat work in house now on a new style live/dead pilot system (I was the first customer for this new system) and it is being scrutinized to the finest detail and working sweet so far.

Third anytime you return an item you purchased anywhere its up to you to get it back safely. When they arrived back as scrap metal how can you say its my fault that the shop you left them with didn’t package them properly? I supplied the proper packaging with them which you had in your possession. I can’t be expected to be 1000 miles away to make sure it got put back in the boxes and not in your trash can. I spoke with your shop first as a professional courtesy as since you went hysterical and have internet roasted me twice already I would prefer not to drag them into it like this (BTW - first roast on me was something you did wrong remember, saying I didn’t do something that after I checked all 100+ emails you sent I had answered that you had never asked for in the first place?)

I figured to give them a chance to see if they can make right on this issue. From my understanding they have offered you something on it? I don’t know the details of what they offered, but I have talked with Mike many times. Neither of us are out to be screwing people over, this is the wrong business to be in for that, we see eye to eye on a lot of things actually. All 3 of us involved want this matter resolved. If the compromise is cool with me (and I don’t know what it is yet) then I imagine you won’t be out on the heads. I want happy customers, but when unhappy and I ask for the product back it needs to come back in one piece and not two, and everyone else would expect the same I imagine.

BTW – here is a picture of what I got back that I know didn’t arrive that way

what have they offered me? Nothing that I know of. When I told Mike you were taking $1000 from me, the customer he said "wow that seems like a lot" He also said you had a pile of cam covers to replace that one with.

Also when were you going to tell me, the customer that you KNEW the valve job was bad and that you KNEW it was your fault? Again, not ONCE have you apologized to me and yet you come on here and say "I screwed up" and you leave me out of the loop for 12 days and then say hey Im taking $1000.

You DO know what the compromise is, your taking my money for something I didnt have a hand in and had no control over as i was 400 miles away. You had $1000 of insurance on each box. If it was one of my ported blowers to another customer, a new blower would be on the way to them without question and i would be stuck handling the claim. 3rd parties handle our customers stuff all the time and we take care of them, not bend them over. Thats why they choose us
Old 04-19-2012, 04:44 PM
BADASS03SVT

so if you can see here...Nick took responsibility for the crap heads by saying he did not inspect them before they left the shop. Well all this tells me is I could possibly have a 5 digit paper weight right now. If my engine shop didnt break out the mic tool and measure my motor would be running like **** or be junk and who would answer to that?? no one probably bc thats how performance stuff goes....

Makes me worry about the DIY guy or the shop that DIDNT go over the heads. Who has them on their car right now?? Uninspected and sent to a customer is no excuse. I oculd have been out 10s of thousands....
Old 04-19-2012, 07:00 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Funny that Nick was lurking the thread over on YB yet didn't make a post.

Took him 8 days to notice the damaged head. In the background of the pic above there is a perfectly good cam cover and a sledge hammer. Hmmm
Old 04-19-2012, 07:21 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead

Took him 8 days to notice the damaged head. In the background of the pic above there is a perfectly good cam cover and a sledge hammer. Hmmm
Good pick up on that, sure enough there is a sledge hammer as well as a good cam cover ha. Wonder if it took 8 days to figure out he could break it? Haha
Old 04-19-2012, 07:44 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

LOL come on now, that one little cam cap is broken and he says he's out a whole effing head and charges you 1000 for that?! that's effing bull****. why doesn't he just take the cam cap off of YOUR heads that he still has and most likely wont return and bingo bango he'll have his 2 heads back and you should get your full refund. that's rediculous.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead

Good catch WannaBe.
I feel for you OP ,thats quite a bit of money to lose out on in these days.

Hope it get straighten out..This isnt a place Nick wants a bad rep on.
Word can get around fast.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Repzard
Good catch WannaBe.
I feel for you OP ,thats quite a bit of money to lose out on in these days.

Hope it get straighten out..This isnt a place Nick wants a bad rep on.
Word can get around fast.
Yup, forums are the best marketing system he has with how small his company is. I have buddies who had no idea what mhs was until I showed then lol. hopefully he makes right with this.

Quick Reply: Before you buy from modular head shop you might want to read this