4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Before you buy from modular head shop you might want to read this

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 06:27 AM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by justinschmidt1
**** happens....It sucks for the OP but at the same time, look at it frm nicks position.

He wasnt responsible for packaging the heads that got destroyed.
I agree and disagree with this, while it is not his fault for the hals a$$ packing on the shipping he did have insurance on the packages for 1000 dollars each so he is going to get his money back he doesn't need to screw the customer which will cause him to lose even more money. Sometimes you just have to eat it so you dont lose alot of customers like he is now.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:01 AM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
thats another issue in itself, which i covered in my last post and nick covers on that page in his website. Stuff happens, each and every day. I can tell you your car will be fixed by 4pm, but when the parts show up at 2pm wrong, you now have to wait another day or 3 because the correct one is backordered. Or, you go to take one thing apart and something else breaks in the process. This applies to ANY job, not just cylinder head work. Sure the time frame may have been a little unacceptable but you got to put your self in his shoes sometimes and see how you would feel/react put in nick's situation, or anyone elses in that matter
Yeah man i understand this. That is why you communicate Nick should of taken the time out of his day why he was answering 10- 30 phone calls (which i easily answer 20 a day and i still get my stuff done) to call the OP and let him know the delay in his heads in the first place. I am incharge of orders where i work so I understand a lot about small buisness. But its all in the communication. If my customer wants 50 boxes of a certain product and i only have 12 I cant tell him i can have him all 50 by lunch time. You need to communicate, and it seems that Nick failed to do that.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:05 AM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
lets get off the topic of him taking months and months to do heads. The biggest thing he did to **** himself is one, take 1000 from the customer for a friggin broken cam cap(that he could easily take off the op's original heads that were "junk"). and second that last comment he said about "go ahead and tell everyone, i'll be happy if i never have to port another set of 4v heads again". that was immature and down right stupid. If you dont like doing 4v heads than just make yourself out to be just a 2v company. easy as that. dont screw people with bad heads and basically steal their heads they supplied and expect nothing to come from it. I especially liked his post about the damaged heads, where he said he could fix the cracks and wouldn't be afraid to use it in a n/a build. so, you know that's EXACTLY what he's gonna do. keep the op's heads, not give him money back for them, then port them fix the cracks(if there's even any there) and sell them to someone building a n/a motor and make even more profit off of the op.
Yeah this is a huge mistake!. I dont know if Nick really was thinking when he said this but I am willing to bet that 4v heads are half of his orders if not more. That comment was very immature, I understand when you get mad you slip and say stuff but this is something he did not need to say to a customer who had already had a horrible experience with him.

And im with CT im still trying to figure out why ONE cam cap cost $1000? The second one is laying behind the head in the picture and it looks fine so only one cam cap is broke but he cahrges OP $1000?
Old 04-20-2012, 08:21 AM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99 GT vert
I agree and disagree with this, while it is not his fault for the hals a$$ packing on the shipping he did have insurance on the packages for 1000 dollars each so he is going to get his money back he doesn't need to screw the customer which will cause him to lose even more money. Sometimes you just have to eat it so you dont lose alot of customers like he is now.
Yes, that is very fishy...if he gets the money from the shipping company he should definately pay the dude back...

he is losing lots more business here definately
Old 04-20-2012, 09:14 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

The biggest issue for me with the whole situation is after the heads were machined u didnt inspect them before shipping them????? Really???? Wait times ok **** happens, but when u use a 3rd party for machine work you better inspect the stuff before you send it to the customer because its your a$$ when its wrong, as per this scenario.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:35 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Rumor has it that the pic of the "junk" heads are from a non-pi 2v head. So he posts a pic of a head that isn't the OPs to show his heads are bad.

Way to do business right Nick.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:26 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
I totally agree with you man. I run a small private auto shop with one other guy. There is so much crap that goes on behind the scenes people just do not understand. I spend about 5 hours a day actually wrenching, the rest is all phone calls, parts, customers, making sure the bills are split up and paid, accounting, etc.... **** gets hectic fast. Then you get one impatient customer, and a simple hold up or unavoidable misunderstanding, and people try to **** on your reputation and drive you into the dirt. Plain and simple, the situation sucks on both ends of the deal, but all the blame gets put on the business and Im positive nick wouldnt put his company's reputation on the line over trying to "screw" one customer over.

wait till you get the chance to try and run a small business. I can relate to 80% of the things on that page without even thinking hard about it
I knew anyone who ran a small business would at least understand where I was coming from. It's down right scary some days with the extent you have to go to keep your name out of the toilet. Everyone just walks in and treats you like some large fortune 500 company. Dude... look around, does it look like I'm rolling in cash?

I'm not saying this guy is lying but I see it every day. People come in and blame you for ruining something that you just couldn't physically have done. So you have two choices, replace it knowing you didn't wreck it, or deal with the **** storm of this lying idiot.... Living the American Dream!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:47 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
Rumor has it that the pic of the "junk" heads are from a non-pi 2v head. So he posts a pic of a head that isn't the OPs to show his heads are bad.

Way to do business right Nick.
OH come on now those clearly look like 4V heads. I think the situation is bad enough for nick with out those kind of stupid rumors going around
Old 04-20-2012, 05:03 PM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Did he get all the jellybeans the cat knocked over picked up?
Old 04-20-2012, 05:25 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by BraMas
OH come on now those clearly look like 4V heads. I think the situation is bad enough for nick with out those kind of stupid rumors going around
I agree, i u cant tell the difference between a 2v and 4v head this technical parts of this situation is far beyond your grasp to make comments.

Quick Reply: Before you buy from modular head shop you might want to read this