4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

01 bullitt cams?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Stangmansbullitt

Default 01 bullitt cams?

Hi everyone I have a questions about a 01 bullitt ...I just inheareted a bullitt and wanted to cam it..it has 4:10s under drive pulleys and a CAI with a 93 race tune.

If I cam it..what cams do you guys recomend? And what kind of hp could I have with it cammed? Dyno wise.

Thanks everyone!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:21 AM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

theres a wide variety of cams out there. do you plan on ever putting on any type of forced induction or nitrous? check out www.modularheadshop.com they have some pretty good products. I'm currently running their stage 2 cams along with a few other people on this forum.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:32 AM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

Go with cushman motorsports cams you you wont find much better. Modular head shop has a good cam but their customer service blows and has recently screwed some people over.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Stangmansbullitt

Hey thanks guys! I will look those up! Do you know how much it will cost? And hp gain?
Old 06-05-2012, 12:05 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by Stangmansbullitt
Hey thanks guys! I will look those up! Do you know how much it will cost? And hp gain?
Just depends how aggressive you want to go
Old 06-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Stangmansbullitt

Originally Posted by crash
Just depends how aggressive you want to go

Well not to much..but say I had the cams pulleys gears and a tune what do you think my rwhp would be?
Old 06-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stangmansbullitt
Well not to much..but say I had the cams pulleys gears and a tune what do you think my rwhp would be?
It depends on the stage cam and how aggressive the grind is and if it is on a n/a motor or motor with nitrous or forced induction. What are your plans for the car?
Old 06-06-2012, 05:36 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Just a heads up, if you get really aggressive with cams, I've seen people fail the emissions check in TX.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Stangmansbullitt

Originally Posted by Gt04
It depends on the stage cam and how aggressive the grind is and if it is on a n/a motor or motor with nitrous or forced induction. What are your plans for the car?
Probably just cam it and call it a day..I mean it will be my daily driver as it is now but it has a CAI 4:10s and a 93 race tune. And just a off road x with flows no headers right now..Mabey in the future just get longtubes and cams..I was thinking stage 2 of some brand ..not to big but not to light ither. I do not plan on charging it.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Stangmansbullitt

Originally Posted by LilRoush
Just a heads up, if you get really aggressive with cams, I've seen people fail the emissions check in TX.
I'm actually not suprised. Tx is very strict on everything....my girlfriends 2000 gt failed for "bad windshield wipers" wtf lol but where I live the county is kinda a hick town and we don't do emissions testing so I pass every time with ever a off road pipe. Hell my buddy passed with a straight pipe diesel. ..talk about loud and annoying lol

Quick Reply: 01 bullitt cams?