4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Blown Motor Yay

Old 06-19-2012, 06:49 AM
fausty
4th Gear Member

Default Blown Motor Yay

Hey guys, I'm not sure if any of you remember me but I used to post on here a while back. I still own the same 01 gt. the motor just took a dump at 110k( nasty rod knock) miles so now I'm at a crossroads. I've found a few stock used motors for 800-900 bucks but I'm not so sure I would like to go that route and be in the same position 10-20k miles later. I would really like to take the opportunity to build me a short block to handle more power as I would like to spray it down the road. I'm ok with making the extra investment now that the car is parked. I'm still shopping around but I would most likely go with an mmr 900( despite the rumors)get my stock heads redone at a local shop with seals and everything, new timing chain assembly etc and swap everything else onto the new short block. The question I need your guys help with is would it still be a reliable daily driver? Or would that be overkill for a daily driver?My commute to work is 5 miles. Im posting this through my I phone so here are a few links from instagram of the car currently. http://instagr.am/p/LuDBu0iw3Z/ http://instagr.am/p/Lu3Xp5Cw31/
Old 06-19-2012, 06:59 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

I remember you, I think your plan is great. Just dont get the MMR oil pump.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:13 AM
fausty
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by boduke0220
I remember you, I think your plan is great. Just dont get the MMR oil pump.
Good thinking lol. I forgot ox's horror story. Any suggestions?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:03 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Ford oil pump
Old 06-19-2012, 09:10 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Why no MMR oil pump?
Old 06-19-2012, 03:23 PM
ESABATM
2nd Gear Member

Whatever pump you get the billet gears are a must. OE Ford **** are powdered metal and will shatter at high rpm levels. MMR offers Hurricane pump gears which are billet steel.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
Why no MMR oil pump?
Because they fail and the IMO the guys at MMR a bunch of morons. I can't count how many conversations I had with Juan or Julio that had me wanting face palm myself with a .45acp because they were so stupid.

Did you guys know cams don't make any Hp?

My MMR shortblock worked well and I didn't have an issue but they are idiots who nickel & dime you if they can. They also have no problem making money off the inexperienced and ignorant.

Someone update me on how that 5.4 2v they were building is doing, lol. ...you know the one that was supposed to make 500hp NA. IDIOTS

The FR oilpump is all you need.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

I went with ford cobra oil pump it has a wider tube than stock gt pump.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:59 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by Sxynerd
Because they fail and the IMO the guys at MMR a bunch of morons. I can't count how many conversations I had with Juan or Julio that had me wanting face palm myself with a .45acp because they were so stupid.

Did you guys know cams don't make any Hp?

My MMR shortblock worked well and I didn't have an issue but they are idiots who nickel & dime you if they can. They also have no problem making money off the inexperienced and ignorant.

Someone update me on how that 5.4 2v they were building is doing, lol. ...you know the one that was supposed to make 500hp NA. IDIOTS

The FR oilpump is all you need.
What numbers did that 5.4 TFS head motor make?
Old 06-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

When the started the build, they claimed it would see 500hp but they quickly shut up after the build and never brought it up again. It was on one of the other boards, IDR which now. If you find it you'll see my posts calling them out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blown Motor Yay