4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Advice on new 94-04 Gt?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 07:48 PM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by xx10Gt
Sounds dumb, but the car is in immaculate condition and i dont want to risk it, plus i would like to collect mustangs. and yes, i was looking into an older cobra
i dont think you are crazy man!! I dont blame you! i have an 02 gt convertible with only 43k miles and it is almost perfect. and sorry but i paid more than $10k so whoever can find an 04 gt in mint condition with that many miles i will buy another then cause you are higher than high. Mint condition to me means flawless. I have like a few spots on my car from rocks and that is it! If you want a mint new edge i think you are looking at $12k+ yeah yeah you can get a mach 1 or cobra for a few grand more but it will have miles and not in great shape. believe me that is what i looked for they are a dime and dozen and for a 30k mile cobra in mint/perfect shape is mid 20s easy and high 10s for mach. Got a friend selling an 04 gt black on black auto with 68k letting it go for $9500 i think. let me know if you want more details and i'll find his ad for ya.

here is a mint condition new edge and please find me one for $10k cause i want a second then poeple!!! cmon

and yes this is my daily driver.....

Old 06-26-2012, 09:07 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xx10Gt
nice try guy, but like i said, i have a great paying job and i pile on the hours every week and i can make the payment. If i can pay for it, whats the problem..? dont judge too soon buddy.
So your going to tell us you can afford a 10 GT and now 10K for another Mustang all while in HS and limited on the amount of hours you can work by NY law? Dude you are the man
Old 06-26-2012, 09:21 PM
speedkills
3rd Gear Member

Seriously would like to know how you plan on affording insurance on two mustangs. I'm 19 and insurance costs me an arm and a leg for a 99 gt.

For 10K you are in 99/01 cobra territory and supercharged new edges. I would look at 96-98 cobra and save yourself some money. They can be had for ~8k.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:07 AM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BraMas
So your going to tell us you can afford a 10 GT and now 10K for another Mustang all while in HS and limited on the amount of hours you can work by NY law? Dude you are the man
actually im not in highschool anymore, and like i said, the 10gt was a steal and i couldnt say no. But to answer your question, i actually push around 50-60 hours a week. The overtime is what allows me to get alot of things.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:08 AM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by luke1333
i dont think you are crazy man!! I dont blame you! i have an 02 gt convertible with only 43k miles and it is almost perfect. and sorry but i paid more than $10k so whoever can find an 04 gt in mint condition with that many miles i will buy another then cause you are higher than high. Mint condition to me means flawless. I have like a few spots on my car from rocks and that is it! If you want a mint new edge i think you are looking at $12k+ yeah yeah you can get a mach 1 or cobra for a few grand more but it will have miles and not in great shape. believe me that is what i looked for they are a dime and dozen and for a 30k mile cobra in mint/perfect shape is mid 20s easy and high 10s for mach. Got a friend selling an 04 gt black on black auto with 68k letting it go for $9500 i think. let me know if you want more details and i'll find his ad for ya.

here is a mint condition new edge and please find me one for $10k cause i want a second then poeple!!! cmon

and yes this is my daily driver.....

Finally someone who understands! Everyones so caught up on age, but if i can make my payments and pay the bills, whats the problem? Its sad that im more mature than those people. Anyways, thanks for the post and hot car!
Old 06-27-2012, 05:01 PM
69MustangCoupe393cid
4th Gear Member

Come on guys get off the kids back. He hasn't lashed out at anyone yet and I'm surprised he hasent. Anyway is say take a look at the older Cobras and the 03 04 mach 1. If you want a real low mile car then stick with a new edge gt or even and older one if you can find it. But ill be honest, I'm not gettin on your case but take it from anothr guy who blew way too much money on cars. I had a nice one and just kept buying things. Now I'm trying to buy a house and have cars I refuse to sell because of all I have in them. I'm also trying to get a truck now because I own all summer cars. If you want car advice see above, if you want life advice buy a beater car that's good in winter and save your money. Believe me having a house before all your friends is way cooler than having some cars. Either way good luck with the cars.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:14 PM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

Kid is ballin!!!!!

I dont see the point in buying a second mustang though....a ****tier one at that.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:18 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 69MustangCoupe393cid
Come on guys get off the kids back. He hasn't lashed out at anyone yet and I'm surprised he hasent. Anyway is say take a look at the older Cobras and the 03 04 mach 1. If you want a real low mile car then stick with a new edge gt or even and older one if you can find it. But ill be honest, I'm not gettin on your case but take it from anothr guy who blew way too much money on cars. I had a nice one and just kept buying things. Now I'm trying to buy a house and have cars I refuse to sell because of all I have in them. I'm also trying to get a truck now because I own all summer cars. If you want car advice see above, if you want life advice buy a beater car that's good in winter and save your money. Believe me having a house before all your friends is way cooler than having some cars. Either way good luck with the cars.
thanks man, and great advice. I just figured get cars while im young, but i definitly understand having a beater for the winter. Having your own house very early on would be important, I couldnt agree with ya more
Old 06-27-2012, 05:21 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by justinschmidt1
Kid is ballin!!!!!

I dont see the point in buying a second mustang though....a ****tier one at that.
haha, i like to think so. But i dont know, i love the mustang line. I really like The older SN95 line, they really stand out to me for some reason
Old 06-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Well I have a daughter pretty much in your shoes (learning to be a nurse). She's also a 19 ysr old, with a very good job, staying at home with me, foods free, I put gas in her car, pay her insurance and I pay for all the maintenance. She's brining in 500-600 bucks every two weeks (not bad when all bills are paid for) She has a 04 Ford Focus and if she were to come home suggesting to buy another car (even a 05 Focus, lol) I would put her over my lap and tattle that but.. Just kidding (sort of). Just out of curiosity what's your parents saying about this? On the other hand seems as though you have your head on straight. I agree with Roush. I would buy another car maybe a SVT Focus or even a SRT-4. Something some what good on gas and has a little pep and also want dent your pocket to much (insurance wise). GL young man and hope all works out well for you.

(

Quick Reply: Advice on new 94-04 Gt?