4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Are you picky about where you park?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Ron505
2nd Gear Member

I'm very picky about where I park my car. Although, a few years ago I parked my new truck way out in the middle of the parking lot where no other cars were at the hotel, came out the next morning to see it keyed. F'n punks are lucky I didn't see them do it, cause they would have been calling the police on me if they were able.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:19 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

I used park away from other cars in my Mustang, but I don't care about my Jeep. It already has all kinds of dings and scratches on it. I plan on putting more on it...

There are a lot of old people in my area that can't park. I can't tell you how many times I've almost been ran over just walking in a parking lot by old people backing out of a parking space because they can't turn around to look where they're going. I've seen numerous old people just back up slowly until they hit something and then put it in drive and just drive away. Few years ago, we had some grandmother in our area actually run over her grandson backing her car up because she didn't look behind her. I'm one of those people in favor of limiting older persons driving privileges with regards to their health and abilities to safely operate a motor vehicle.
/Old people rant

I parked next to this ******* last summer in my Jeep just to be a jackass.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

TDC, that's pretty much how the older lady parked next to me. I backed up into a spot, pretty much perfectly. Then she pulled up into my spot, like that truck is now and hit my door with no regards to my own vehicle.

It's not so much that it pisses me off that people hit my car (even though it does), it's the fact that people would walk away from knowing that they damaged my property, with no means of owning up to it, and lying/trying to run away from it.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:57 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tdcalhoun89
I used park away from other cars in my Mustang, but I don't care about my Jeep. It already has all kinds of dings and scratches on it. I plan on putting more on it...

There are a lot of old people in my area that can't park. I can't tell you how many times I've almost been ran over just walking in a parking lot by old people backing out of a parking space because they can't turn around to look where they're going. I've seen numerous old people just back up slowly until they hit something and then put it in drive and just drive away. Few years ago, we had some grandmother in our area actually run over her grandson backing her car up because she didn't look behind her. I'm one of those people in favor of limiting older persons driving privileges with regards to their health and abilities to safely operate a motor vehicle.
/Old people rant

I parked next to this ******* last summer in my Jeep just to be a jackass.
Ya I agree. Old people cant drive and they are the cause for Traffic on highways to. Slow asses
Old 06-28-2012, 02:25 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

My worst one was standing next to my car in a parking lot talking to a friend of mine when a guy with "sleep apnea" pulled into the parking lot, passed out, and slammed into my parked car with me standing right next to it. There's a long interesting story behind what happened afterward, but the short version is that he finally paid up almost ten years later when he couldn't get approved for a home mortgage due to the judgement against him which I was awarded in small claims court.

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
I park at the farthest end of a parking lot and walk to my destination. I don't take up multiple spaces, nor look to park next to a "competative" car or another Mustang. Not only to avoid possible door damage, but because being closer to my destination, means more cars, more traffic, more shopping carts and such with which to contend... no thanks!
That's me 100%. Here's where I park at the gym every morning. My gym is in a shopping center with a large grocery store.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
I park at the farthest end of a parking lot and walk to my destination. I don't take up multiple spaces, nor look to park next to a "competative" car or another Mustang. Not only to avoid possible door damage, but because being closer to my destination, means more cars, more traffic, more shopping carts and such with which to contend... no thanks!
Agreed 100%, but I am old & I need the exercise.

But I am careful where I drive my mustang. When I am going to a shopping center or somewhere I know will be shopping carts & a-hole drivers, I always drive the wife's car, problem solved (just don't tell her!).
Old 06-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Bears GT
1st Gear Member

I've watched my own dad do a hit and run on my car , that was about 2 months ago and i haven't talked to him since .
Old 06-28-2012, 06:22 PM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

I'm afraid to park anywhere, anymore. But, you have to go places and hope for the best. I always keep an eye out for those OUT OF THE WAY SPACES. It's sad it's come to that. Worrying about where or where NOT to park. 'Why does it have come to this'? STUPID QUESTION.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Originally Posted by UPRSharad

Exactly what I do as well, but only on limited occasions. If this space "feels" like an OK spot, I will park there. This would be ONLY when it is like 10 seconds to pick up some catnip from the corner pusher. I will shave 1/1000" off the side curb to get away from the open door that gets kicked wide for the occupant to get his/her lazy *** out fo the car.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:26 PM
JC316
4th Gear Member

I live in Texas, so I would park next to a banged up ford fiesta if the spot had shade. I wish you luck in trying to dent the door on my cougar though.

Quick Reply: Are you picky about where you park?