4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Sold the Cobra, looking to replace it...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 08:59 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
shoulda just dropped money in the cobra. Its basically the same car.
Notsureifsrs.jpg
Old 07-03-2012, 09:21 AM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
Notsureifsrs.jpg
same chassis, same interior layout, very similar power levels. Lets not nitpick details I know the differences between the 2 cars you dolt. Was making a general statement. Thats like me selling my car and getting a mach and doing the same 3 mods. IMO should of just kept mine from the gate.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:57 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

He was talking about 03/04 Cobras. A 98 and 04 Cobra have little in common, performance wise.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

Wannabe arguing again. What's new.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:35 AM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
He was talking about 03/04 Cobras. A 98 and 04 Cobra have little in common, performance wise.
Originally Posted by 1998mustangcobra
I'm actually working with a dealer now on a 03 DSG Mach with 52,000 miles and it's a single owner car

Old 07-03-2012, 05:26 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by Moonshine
Wannabe arguing again. What's new.
Go cry elsewhere...I wasn't arguing. His post was right after the OP was talking about a 03 Cobra. No reason to argue when I know he knows the difference between a 98 and 03 Cobra.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Get the mach 1 u were talking about it is a on brainer. Machs are fast and replace stock 3.55 gearing w 4.10s and u will be happy for a while. Always got for car with less mileage assuming every else is good.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:38 AM
1998mustangcobra
1st Gear Member

Deal fell through on the Mach. All the paperwork came back perfect and the dealer says it's immaculate, but it was everything but. Needless to say it's still sitting in Memphis. If anybody is looking for a car, DO NOT go to Cordova Cars in Memphis Tennessee, they're an absolute joke man.

I think I'm about set on getting a Mach. Checked insurance on both the Mach and the Cobra and the Cobra is going to be about twice as high per month (which I kinda expected), I can thank my age for that lol. When I find one I'll make sure and post pics!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:35 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

if you dont mind, whats the story on the mach
Old 07-05-2012, 09:19 AM
1998mustangcobra
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
if you dont mind, whats the story on the mach
Not at all, be glad to. It's a pretty long one, but here goes.

So I seen the ad on autotrader and called the guy about it. They wanted $15k for it at the time, but I haggled with the guy for about a week and a half and we finally agreed to a price of $13,600 on the car plus sales tax. The car's NADA price was at $13,150 and that's all my bank will loan is NADA clean retail value, so I was going to pick up the extra tab. Only reason I was going to was due to the single owner carfax, "supposedly" immaculate condition, and it had Borla exhaust with tinted windows. Borla systems are high as hell anyways so I figured it'd be worth it to go on and pay the extra bucks for a car I didn't have to do a thing to but put wheels on. So I go to the bank and get ready to make the loan. Call the car salesman for a faxed copy of the title front and back, well they don't have it on site. The car was bought at an auction and they said the auction has a 30 day grace period before they have to send the title to the purchaser. Long story short it took them over an hour to fax the title, this was issue number one. Get all that straightened out and I'm on the road Saturday to pick it up. We get to the dealership and I see the car sitting outside (I really wish I would have taken a video of it running just so you guys could get a good laugh at this idiot) when it was supposed to be in "the showroom". We walk up and the car is absolutely nasty for one, the headlights were hazed over, and it was supposed to have new tires on it. Went and looked at the back tires and they were completely bald in the center with some tread on the outside of the tire. In my mind, that means someone had been burning the **** out of em. Then the salesman comes out, introduces himself, and proceeds to start up the car. When he does, it sounds like the entire pully assemby is about to fall off the front of this thing. He pops the hood and starts talking about how "Nice" it sounded and all that. I just looked at him like he was nuts. Then I reached up to the throttle body and gave it a little rev and the more rpms the car turned the worse it sounded. After this, I told the dude what my prediction of the problem was on the car and he calls the dealership owner. He said, "We have a Ford dealership right down the road that's open on Saturday and we think we can have it fixed". I was already royally pissed at the moment because the car was NOTHING like it was said to be and I spent 3 hours and the bank and 4 hours worth of driving to come basically pick up a nice, trouble free, single owner low mileage Mach 1. But, I thought to myself maybe if they have it fixed we can renegotiate a price and all will still be good. I was going to drop about $500 on him for inconvenience fee. This is the kicker, after all this, the car salesman says this, and I mean his exact words, "Well, we can get the car fixed, but we can't sell it to you for the price we agreed on. It'll have to be raised for the next buyer". I was dumbfounded at this moment. I told him "So, basically what you're saying is that you want me to pay to fix your car that was supposed to already be flawless and then buy it from you. You have lost your damn mind". He didn't say another word and we just headed back home. Sum of the story is they didn't have the title on site and the car was absolutely nothing like they said it was. Just a big ole waste of time my man.