4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

mustang to vette

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kerns
Bad deal for you to be honest. I work in a car dealership. Vette is worth around 19k... They are overvaluing your trade and keeping theirs marked up to make it look like they are giving you more for your trade than they really are. I just sold an 03 Z06 Electron Blue with 78k miles on it and CCW wheels, DVD/Nav head unit, and a 2500$ system for 19.5k$ like 3 weeks ago.

Edit: I even have a 04 Silver C5 Vette on the lot right now that I know for a fact we only have $14000 in it. It has 78k miles and is the removable hard top with HUD... just saying.
I here u. I shopped my car around the first offer was 10k plus sales tax. When i was offered 12700 is a good deal on the trade plus its a fully optioned 2004 w full retail 26k. U simply cannot compare a high mile vette to a lower mileage u are comparing apples to oranges regardless if it was a Z06. In the vette world lower the mileage the better.

One thing i can tell u is from my experience modifying a mustang or any car for that matter is pissing money down the drain, however,have no regrets it as fun building up the stang.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Fillerdust
2nd Gear Member

Looking at your other cars I say I vette will go well with the other high class cars u got. I hope you don't work on your cars cause you will hate that vette. If a vette comes into my shop I do a secret little prayer that I don't get it. I rather work on a Mercedes then a vette.

I have yet to buy a car at a stealership cause it is just that. I would look around for a private owner selling one than a dealer. That's just me though. Cars are some of the worst investments you can make so if you feel like your getting a fair deal go for it.

I hope you get what you want, cause in the end that's all that matters.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:51 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sxynerd
Here's a highlight reel,

I'm sure I could find more.
That'll hold me over for a little I guess.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:38 AM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sxynerd
Here's a highlight reel,

I'm sure I could find more.
Wow... so much hate lol. Not ALL vette owners are like that. Maybe in the road racing world, the vette owners are all down to earth, good guys willing to help you anytime. That's been my experience so far. Many that don't race their vettes I know act like that... and that's a shame.

Originally Posted by Fillerdust
Looking at your other cars I say I vette will go well with the other high class cars u got. I hope you don't work on your cars cause you will hate that vette. If a vette comes into my shop I do a secret little prayer that I don't get it. I rather work on a Mercedes then a vette.
Really? I actually thought that the C5 was pretty easy to work on. I'm not a professional mechanic by any means, but I've found working on my vette to be fairly simple. I know if I can do it, anyone can. I don't know if its any easier than a mustang as I never did as much to it as I have my vette... but I'm sure its all relative to what you're used to.

As for the OP, that's a very high price on a base C5 Z51. Four years ago I sold my old Electron Blue 02 Z06 with 20k miles for $24k. It looks like they upped your trade-in value and the same for the vette. If you love it, then go for it. But there are plenty of other better deals out there. Lots of good C5Z's for under $20k if you look hard enough.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:41 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

Theres Just as many mustang guys that act like vette owners. Some *** in the coast gaurd told me he beat a porsche GT3 and Vette (ha) in his stock stage 1 roush in VA beach. also had a guy want to buy my silver car, told him the price and said not a penny less because if i keep it its getting a 4v and suspension and he acted like i **** on his chest or something..dude started telling me how i needed to change the ecu all the wiring..the trans..the dash cluster..would have to get a new key..it was hilarious lol.

but yes vette owners like weiner sorry NT!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang_NTriangle
One thing i can tell u is from my experience modifying a mustang or any car for that matter is pissing money down the drain, however,have no regrets it as fun building up the stang.
You ever seen what just a decent set of catbacks cost on a Vette?

Either way cool car. I like vettes a lot but I tend to agree with most here on Vette owners and I also tend to find the base models a little pointless. My biggest complaint of vette owners is that they're docile, old and boring. I have yet to have one corvette accept a challenge on the street with my car.....not one. I've been trying since 2008 for ****s sake. Four years and 60k miles and not one accepts a race. All the new camaro owners are the exact same. Either chicks or old boring dudes that forgot their testosterone at the house.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:37 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by Mustang_NTriangle
I here u. I shopped my car around the first offer was 10k plus sales tax. When i was offered 12700 is a good deal on the trade plus its a fully optioned 2004 w full retail 26k. U simply cannot compare a high mile vette to a lower mileage u are comparing apples to oranges regardless if it was a Z06. In the vette world lower the mileage the better.

Anyone who truley has that attitude when it comes to building a car, clearly is in this hobby for the wrong reason. I expect comments like that from people who want a fast car so they can just cruise around with it trying to act like their "cool". When you build a car, regardless if its for road racing, drag racings, car shows, or whatever, you are doing it because its a hobby and your doing it because its something you love doing, not to make your money back. No offense but in this case you spent alot of money, couldn't find the hookups or researched other ways to get your vehicle inspected (applying for modified vehicle title with restrictions, etc etc) to get it inspected in your state, and are upset because you couldn't get your money back.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:40 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by Hangwire
You ever seen what just a decent set of catbacks cost on a Vette?

Either way cool car. I like vettes a lot but I tend to agree with most here on Vette owners and I also tend to find the base models a little pointless. My biggest complaint of vette owners is that they're docile, old and boring. I have yet to have one corvette accept a challenge on the street with my car.....not one. I've been trying since 2008 for ****s sake. Four years and 60k miles and not one accepts a race. All the new camaro owners are the exact same. Either chicks or old boring dudes that forgot their testosterone at the house.
I don't accept "challenges" on the streets, and even when I was younger I never did either mainly because everyone nowadays has nothing but excuses for running a real run from a dig and wanna do a "roll", youll find plenty of vettes at the strip if you want some runs.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Tom V
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
I don't accept "challenges" on the streets, and even when I was younger I never did either mainly because everyone nowadays has nothing but excuses for running a real run from a dig and wanna do a "roll", youll find plenty of vettes at the strip if you want some runs.

Who in their right mind would want to run against that awsome car you have on the street (dig or roll)? Those aren't appearance mods!
Old 07-04-2012, 07:51 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by Tom V
Who in their right mind would want to run against that awsome car you have on the street (dig or roll)? Those aren't appearance mods!
Lol back in the day I was NA even or supercharged on 245 street tires, just don't do rolls never did never will, linning em up was always from a stop. Nowadays its only at the track for me lol. Use to win some and loose some, even lost to some cars I more than likley could of beat if it wasn't for traction but thats the name of the game. When I was in my late teens there use to be alot of nasty cars racing, one of the big local performance shop ownders wrecked a 800rwhp horse fox running a street run, now a days its just a bunch of 16 second imports that wanna run 40mph rolls because they can't lanch or even learn to launch and say their car "spins", when it spins cause they just dump a clutch at 8k and expect it to dead hook, or their car doesn't make any power on the bottom end.

Last edited by uberstang1; 07-04-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Quick Reply: mustang to vette