4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Would I be making a $ mistake or do OK

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

If u r 200 bucks apart the dealership will be calling u in a week or two
Old 07-08-2012, 06:47 AM
jonrjen

The seller is an individual who retails sales a couple of cars per year. He also wholesales cars to dealerships so he has a dealers license and has to follow all the state mandates for vehicle sales. I think maybe as he put it, "I stepped in a little too deep when I purchased this car". I don't know what he is trying to place on his profit sheet, but I do know it must be $200 more than I am willing to put into the car.
And to be honest about it, it is well worth the money. But with needing new tires up front, and the extra $423 dollars in TX sales tax simply because of buying from a dealer, it begins to look over valued.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:16 PM
MustangLouver
3rd Gear Member

I only paid $9900 including tax, tag, and doc fees for my 2003 GT 2 years ago, in MINT condition with 47k miles. and by MINT, I mean perfect. No scratches, door dings, rock chips, and the thing that showed any wear was the driver seat had a little discoloration on the leather. It was already lowered, with a cobra style 5 speed shift ****, white face gauges, mach 1 chin and grill delete, and flowmaster exhaust. Had brand new tires and brakes on it when I picked it up. To be honest with you, I think your decision to walk away was a good one, because if you keep looking, you WILL find a better deal than that.

My car now has 86k miles and still in near mint condition, with the added mods I have done over the years plus a new clutch. I bought my car from a small chevrolet dealership in Lexington, NC. The previous owner was a mechanic at the Chevy dealership who made the mistake of trading it in on a newer camaro. When I was speaking with the dealer, he left his paper showing what they paid for it with trade-in, and assuming $500 for brakes and new tires they put on plus the taxes I paid, They only made around $100 off of me plus the doc fee which is $300 something.

What I'm trying to say is, there are deals to be found, just keep searching. It took me 3 months to find a car that I was interested in enough to make an offer. It also helped that I had the offer in the form of CASH.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:35 PM
jonrjen

Originally Posted by MustangLouver
I only paid $9900 including tax, tag, and doc fees for my 2003 GT 2 years ago, in MINT condition with 47k miles. and by MINT, I mean perfect. No scratches, door dings, rock chips, and the thing that showed any wear was the driver seat had a little discoloration on the leather. It was already lowered, with a cobra style 5 speed shift ****, white face gauges, mach 1 chin and grill delete, and flowmaster exhaust. Had brand new tires and brakes on it when I picked it up. To be honest with you, I think your decision to walk away was a good one, because if you keep looking, you WILL find a better deal than that.

My car now has 86k miles and still in near mint condition, with the added mods I have done over the years plus a new clutch. I bought my car from a small chevrolet dealership in Lexington, NC. The previous owner was a mechanic at the Chevy dealership who made the mistake of trading it in on a newer camaro. When I was speaking with the dealer, he left his paper showing what they paid for it with trade-in, and assuming $500 for brakes and new tires they put on plus the taxes I paid, They only made around $100 off of me plus the doc fee which is $300 something.

What I'm trying to say is, there are deals to be found, just keep searching. It took me 3 months to find a car that I was interested in enough to make an offer. It also helped that I had the offer in the form of CASH.

That is just flat nice perfect to the 10s.