4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Purpmobile needs headlights - help out ****ers

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Jensgt

Default Purpmobile needs headlights - help out ****ers

LOL Rob helped me out with my thread title.

So...I am buying some new headlights for the GT and I prefer the smoked clear corner headlights...I bought them from American Muscle back in the day and they don't carry them anymore. Why I have no idea because they are the sickest headlight ever.

So now I am just looking for someplace to buy them from where I will get quality parts that won't start to fall apart after a year...I don't like the blacked out ones, just the smoked ones with clear corner. Rob said that some people had purchased them on ebay from a seller there and it was good quality headlights. If somebody can let me know who they bought from I would appreciate it!!!

Also we had a bad day yesterday, was driving my sister in law to the advanced auto parts to buy her a new headlights bulb for her car and I wanted to take her for a ride in the GT. We were cutting through a neighborhood and I was at a stop sign and got rear ended up an older lady. I got out of the car immediately and as I was walking up to check my bumper, the pick up truck behind the ladies car takes off. The lady says to me "I'm not going to report this" !!!!? I said...well...the damage on my car is not much but it was perfect before this the car had been repainted so I need to report this to my insurance. So lets exchange info.

So then my sister in law says...."did that truck hit you into us? it looked like he was right on your bumper". Lady says "i think so yeah". Oh god...I wish she had not said that. So lady now has a lie. She never once actually said she was hit into me, she never once checked her rear bumper for damage, but she told the insurance company that is what happened so they are going to investigate. I saw her bumper and there was damage at the corners but none at the rear center, except for a few scratches but to be hit hard enough to be pushed into me hard enough to bend up my rear bumper inserts and push me 3 or 4 feet there should have been some actual damage to her bumper.

So now I just wait...will get the bumper painted so its perfect. Glad it was not worse. Left hand was on the steering wheel so my shoulder got jammed and is a bit sore. Ugh. I hate bad drivers!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:37 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

I love BSers, lady probably didn't get hit and thinks she can get out of this with a point on her record.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:00 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

here is a guy selling them for 50 on cl
http://reading.craigslist.org/pts/3119156999.html
Old 07-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Jensgt

Thanks for the link, I am in Bowie, MD but I emailed him and offered to pay shipping. We will see, thats a good deal.

In case that does not work out more suggestions are appreciated.

Yeah, I spoke with the insurance adjuster again today they had to take a recorded statement. She said the lady would need to have some serious evidence to back up her claim that she was rear ended into me, for them to deny my claim. I know she does not have it, so I am feeling confident...but not too confident..because sometimes **** just does not go my way. I will let you guys know what happens!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:41 PM
stevednmc
3rd Gear Member

Here in Nebraska, it would still be her fault because she was close enough to you that her being hit caused her to hit you. Its almost always the person who is behinds fault here..At least thats been my experience being on both sides of something like that, I dont know about Maryland though.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Jensgt

Well that craigslist guy has not emailed me back yet. Can anybody recommend a good online retailer or ebay seller?
Old 07-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Jensgt

Steve, I spoke with the insurance company and they told me if she was indeed rear ended and the guy left the scene, she would not be responsible for my damages. That being said, I don't think anybody believes her story anymore.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:26 PM
jeh4269
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your accident.At least it sounds like minor damage.Still sucks though.Hope your shoulder feels better.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Jensgt

Thank you!
Old 07-18-2012, 05:02 AM
darkshadow03gt
2nd Gear Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-2004-FO...ht_4590wt_1139

Bought these a couple months ago..... Fit was perfect and have held up very well.

Quick Reply: Purpmobile needs headlights - help out ****ers