4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

picked up some new rear track tires!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 12:25 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

Arrow picked up some new rear track tires!

Scored a new set of Kumho Ecsta V710 tires on ebay yesterday. excited to get these in! heres a little info and pics:
Designed specifically for racing in dry conditions, the Ecsta V710 has a "racing slick" tread surface with two circumferential grooves necessary for DOT (Department of Transportation) street use approval. The Ecsta V710 has been a proven winner in SCCA road racing and autocross events throughout the U.S. and Canada. Tested to meet all DOT standards, the Ecsta V710 is certified for use in all SCCA showroom stock classes where a race compound DOT tire is allowed.

SPECIAL FEATURES
•ARC compounding technology for superior traction and handling.
•Two steel belts for excellent cornering and an updated compound that focuses on grip.
•Minimum tread grooving (two circumferential grooves molded at 4/32") for ultimate cornering power.
•Asymmetric tread pattern for efficient water evacuation on damp surfaces.
•Two durable nylon cap plies give high-speed stability and resistance to centrifugal forces.
•High ply turn-up and additional nylon reinforcement provide stiff sidewall construction.
•UTQG rating of 30 C/A.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:28 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Do you even road race your car?
Old 08-21-2012, 12:55 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

the car is setup for open track events. bad thing about it, indianapolis is the closest track since the one in sparta ky was closed and this car has never been on a track. the corvette museum in bowlingreen ky is in the process of building a road course. the car WILL BE TRACKED HARD when the BG track is opened! i got them for 260 shipped. i was just putting in a low bid. im not even sure i'll keep them or trade them off for a track/street tire
Old 08-21-2012, 01:47 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Whats the production date on the tires? That will be able to tell you if you'll be able to get anything out of them. If they are over a year or two old, then you may have trouble finding someone that would usually use them to buy them. Racers don't like to use tires that are over a couple years old.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by teej281
Whats the production date on the tires? That will be able to tell you if you'll be able to get anything out of them. If they are over a year or two old, then you may have trouble finding someone that would usually use them to buy them. Racers don't like to use tires that are over a couple years old.
School Boy, take a pic of the other side of the tire (the DOT # details) and post them so see what age the tires are. You have a pic of a partial DOT #. The date info will be on the other sidewall.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:36 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

they will be here tomarrow teej, ill look then. i may put them up for trade to a set of nittos or similar. eeither or i need a set of dedicated track tires. the car will be ready this winter after being on jack stands for 1 1/2 years. a couple older gentlemen have been inviting be to ride up to indy but i havent had the car ready.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:38 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
School Boy, take a pic of the other side of the tire (the DOT # details) and post them so see what age the tires are. You have a pic of a partial DOT #. The date info will be on the other sidewall.
the other pic i have has this: h2ut ya5b
Old 08-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

FINALLY...... some of my pepes running an actual track tire
Old 08-22-2012, 07:58 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Jazzer.........I run track tires..........even on the street. 28x12.50r15 ET STREET bias plys son.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:24 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
FINALLY...... some of my pepes running an actual track tire
and theyre going on properly sized wheels lol! btw thanks on the info of the wheel company. got the tires in and the date code reveals over 3 years old. not a homerun but still not bad buying $650 tires for $260 even old stock

Quick Reply: picked up some new rear track tires!