4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

control arms, poly on one end or solid on both? jaz?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 09:30 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Default control arms, poly on one end or solid on both? jaz?

buying control arms for my sra swap, and have the options of either solid on both ends or solid on one end and poly the other. i know both poly is terrible for the torque boxes, but will one poly end be enough to not have a negative effect on the torque boxes while giving me a somewhat decent ride quality. obviously i'm converting from irs to sra so ride quality isn't a necessity in the least bit, and the car will not see many hard corners other than a good speed curve on an exit/on ramp or something like that.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:29 AM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

If ride quality doesn't matter that much just go with solid on both ends, what are the plans with the irs that is in the car now?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:22 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

I installed poly/solid arms on JEH's car, quality is still good with the ocasionaly poly urethane creak noise over bumps. I run solid heim/solid collar team z on mine and ride quality is fine they just make some noise over bumps and rough roads on good roads and highways I dont even know they are there.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:42 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Poly is fine for the TB's, so long as you have a spherical on the opposite end.

Jazzer
Old 08-29-2012, 06:15 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

alright thanks guys. i'll prolly just get a set of solid on both sides, but if i can find some used ones with one poly/one solid i wanted to know if i could use them. 99gt i'll be selling the irs, have a pending sale to a guy in texas already.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:59 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-9...trol-arms.html

These are what I'd recommend for a street car with no NVH concerns. They offer the best traction and they have mounting tabs for a stock style swaybar.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:08 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

those are the ones i was going to go with if i cant find any decent used ones. cant decide between the upr solid adjustable uppers or if i want to get some relocated uppers from baseline.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:14 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
those are the ones i was going to go with if i cant find any decent used ones. cant decide between the upr solid adjustable uppers or if i want to get some relocated uppers from baseline.
Team z> baseline. Team z, wolfe, UPR are what id be looking at.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:59 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

teamz is imo overpriced. i have one buddy that has all baseline and one buddy who has teamz. they both look very very identical and i've talked to both of them and they both know their stuff.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:29 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
teamz is imo overpriced. i have one buddy that has all baseline and one buddy who has teamz. they both look very very identical and i've talked to both of them and they both know their stuff.
There is a reason they look identical. Incidentally, Baseline Suspension came out first.

Quick Reply: control arms, poly on one end or solid on both? jaz?