4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Man, Does That Piss Me Off...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 05:57 PM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Default Man, Does That **** Me Off...

Whats that you might ask? Pardon me a sec while I vent some fumes.

Other drivers. Im driving to work on a twisty-hilly road, where there isn't any places to pass a retarded driver. For 15 miles, I (and 20 others) am behind this idiot that is doing 45 in a 55, when most everybody does 65. Every time there is a hill or oncoming traffic, they will slow to 40. As soon as there is a place to pass (a short window), they will speed up to 60. Then back down to 45 as soon as the window closes.

Ooooh crap, there is a county worker 50 yards off in the ditch, on a tractor mowing. Better slow down to 40. Oh ****, a semi truck is coming, down to 35. Do I give a rats a$$ about the 50 pissed off motorists behind me?

Now we come into town and this curvy 2 lane highway turns into straight 4 lanes with a speed limit of 45. Now I will do 65. And damn near race all the other drivers that attempt to pass me.

Im sorry, but I want to kill this SOB. I have dreams of getting a 77 Ford LTD, skinning the front end with 1/2" steel plate, and just pushing this guy off into the ditch. Then when he crawls out of his mangled Kia, I pull up and say, "That slow enough for you?" Then go beat his face in...

Ok, Im done.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:31 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Feel better now? :-)
Old 09-04-2012, 06:36 PM
stevednmc
3rd Gear Member

NOW IM MAD!!!!! lol. I feel your pain. Somtimes sharing the road with others is frustrating as hell.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

I think you chanelled my inner-twisty-beast from about 3 years back and COMPLETELY feel your pain
Old 09-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

I know how that feels! That and when your on the highway and you follow someone in the left hand lane and they are going to slow, so you try to pass and they speed up a good 5MPH, then when you pass they stay right on you. Pisses me off.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Seabee1993
2nd Gear Member

Get it constantly down here on the coast on highway 90. Two lanes and they want to fracking sight see. Speed is 45, usually cruise about 55. Then they go about 35-ish. Grrrrrrr!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:24 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

I call it "Thorough Bred Syndrome". They think they are race horses & dont like to be passed. Gives their simple minds the feeling of power by keeping you behind them.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:49 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

I know what you mean. I can understand your frustration but the use of retarded isn't exactly making your point come across more appropriately.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Meester_Vapor
2nd Gear Member

Step 1: Mount rockets on hood.
Step 2: Mash fire button
Step 3: Profit?
Old 09-05-2012, 12:43 AM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

I sorry Purp. Might of thrown that "R" word out there a little prematurely.

Point is, why is it so hard for some people to just do the freaking speed limit. Im not looking to drive everywhere at 100+ mph. Just do the speed limit.

If you are too afraid to, be curtious to others and pull the hell outta my way.

Example, wife and I were out of town. GPS giving confusing info and we were basically lost, inching our way through this busy town looking for a paticular street. When I noticed there were quite a few angry motorists behind me, I pulled over and let that mob go on their speedy merry way. I'm a nice guy like that.

Lastly - The DMV should also give some sort of mental reaction test when one renews their licsens. Mainly for the old people. There IS way more to driving than just seeing where one is going. If objects are coming at you too fast at 35 mph, then you do not deserve that DL. Your a danger and a menace to society.

Just sayin...

Quick Reply: Man, Does That Piss Me Off...