4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

2002 Mustang GT with Saleen Series II Blower

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 01:03 AM
02MustangSC

Question 2002 Mustang GT with Saleen Series II Blower

Ok. So I have upgraded my engine with a Saleen Series II blower. Now I know what you all gonna say, why the hell did I do that? Have no clue. But anyway. Long story short. I took it for a dyno/tune to a ford dealership and am having problems. After getting the Aeromotive A340 fuel pump upgrade and 39lbs injectors and going through the dyno/tune, the car keeps throwing the P0453 code. The other thing that happens is when the car goes up a hill in a low gear, say starting up in gear one or going to gear two, my injectors are ticking like crazy. The car was tuned for 91 octane. It was running on 94 octane before. Can anyone give me any pointers as to why the code P0453 comes up? Also, I have this high pitch whistiling noise near my passenger side compartment. The car currently makes 380hp (340rwhp).
Old 09-07-2012, 05:34 AM
mustangmike02
2nd Gear Member

might have better luck on soec.org and scoa.com also this is the wrong section for SVT forums since neither saleen nor a 2002 gt is SVT
Old 09-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Moved to help you out....good luck & welcome!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:20 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Well I would never take my car to a ford dealership for a dno tune better off at a performance shop.

And the injectors may be maxed out you have a pretty big fuel pump and little injectors should of got 60s with that fuel pump even if the injectors r too big for ur setup, it would of been a better option imo
Old 09-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Your injectors are most likely maxed as dwtjr3 said, 60s would have been the way to go.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:17 PM
02MustangSC

Originally Posted by dwtjr3
Well I would never take my car to a ford dealership for a dno tune better off at a performance shop.

And the injectors may be maxed out you have a pretty big fuel pump and little injectors should of got 60s with that fuel pump even if the injectors r too big for ur setup, it would of been a better option imo
Funny you say that. This was done at brown bros ford performance shop in Vancouver BC Canada. They recommended the fuel pump and the injectors....?
Old 09-07-2012, 11:20 PM
02MustangSC

Originally Posted by 02MustangSC
Funny you say that. This was done at brown bros ford performance shop in Vancouver BC Canada. They recommended the fuel pump and the injectors....?
Correction to my statement. The fuel pump and injectors were installed elsewhere but both injectors and fuel pump came recommended by brown bros performance shop in Vancouver.

Is there a special way to wire this fuel pump on a mustang or is it just a simple swap out of the stock and do some wiring? Do you have to do any bypass for voltage etc? Dunno if I am making sense, I'm not that much indepth in terms of cars mechanically.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:42 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

For that blower, your injectors and pump are enough. Your rwhp number is about on par for what those blowers make.

High pitched whistling might just be you hearing air getting sucked into the blower. Not sure how you are hearing injector clicking while driving. Are you sure that's what the sound is you're hearing?

As for the code - it could be a few things. Check your gas cap for a good seal first. Also check to make sure the lines didn't come loose under the rear end at the canister after the new pump was installed. Sometimes a little bump during work can wiggle them loose enough to cause a code to be thrown.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:07 PM
02MustangSC

Originally Posted by LilRoush
For that blower, your injectors and pump are enough. Your rwhp number is about on par for what those blowers make.

High pitched whistling might just be you hearing air getting sucked into the blower. Not sure how you are hearing injector clicking while driving. Are you sure that's what the sound is you're hearing?

As for the code - it could be a few things. Check your gas cap for a good seal first. Also check to make sure the lines didn't come loose under the rear end at the canister after the new pump was installed. Sometimes a little bump during work can wiggle them loose enough to cause a code to be thrown.
I didn't have any problems with the gas cap before I got the pump installed. After the pump was installed, the code keeps coming up instantly upon starting the car. The EVAP was tested and there are no leaks going back into the tank. When the gas cap is removed, smoke comes out after being pressurized, so I know there are no leaks.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:09 PM
02MustangSC

Originally Posted by LilRoush

As far as the noise hearing the injectors clicking, trust me, I know what that sounds like. Even my mechanic shops says its the timing on the injectors. Just goes crazy click click click click as I accelerate on an incline and up a hill. once I pick up speed the noise goes away somewhat but its still there sometimes. Before this tune/dyno I didn't have any of that. As for the whistle, not sure what to make of it . its rather annoying as it gets really loud overtime.

Quick Reply: 2002 Mustang GT with Saleen Series II Blower