4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

New guy lookin for feedback on custom new edge

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 06:21 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Very nice work. I think it's a huge compliment when someone asks.. what parts did you make? That says that they are done so well they look like they came on the car.

Hope to get to check it out in person someday soon! Maybe at our St. Jude event or on the Dragon
This!.. Bring it to the dragon
Old 09-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Lonehorse

Originally Posted by dwtjr3
Looks really good, I love under the hood and the rear bumper,

but wana make me the chin spoiler and the fiberglass radiator cover? Lol

And what seats do you have?

And are those TF wheels? They look extremely clean with that setup.
The radiator cover is an extremely tight fit. I had to shave some spots on the underside of the hood and grind bolt heads down to keep it from rubbing. not really feasible to make reproductions. The chin spoiler on the other hand could definitely be reproduced. I ground and sanded down hand laid fiberglass to get it to its final shape but now it could be used to make a mold. I'm looking into it right now. The seats are corbeau CR-1's. I had them recovered in leather. I wish the wheels were TF. Similar look but way cheaper! They're not made anymore. Thanks for the positive feedback!

Old 09-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Lonehorse

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Very nice work. I think it's a huge compliment when someone asks.. what parts did you make? That says that they are done so well they look like they came on the car.

Hope to get to check it out in person someday soon! Maybe at our St. Jude event or on the Dragon
Thanks, that's about the best compliment i could get. My goal was to make it look as clean as possible without being flashy... okay, the engine compartment is a bit flashy but I think tastefully so. Not sure on my schedule for any upcoming events but I did get to take it to Ponies on the Parkway a couple weeks ago. Cruisin on the parkway was slow (except for all the tunnels!) but still pretty cool with over 100 mustangs.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:18 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

How do you like those seats? Are they comfortable on longer trips?
Old 09-26-2012, 09:20 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lonehorse
The radiator cover is an extremely tight fit. I had to shave some spots on the underside of the hood and grind bolt heads down to keep it from rubbing. not really feasible to make reproductions. The chin spoiler on the other hand could definitely be reproduced. I ground and sanded down hand laid fiberglass to get it to its final shape but now it could be used to make a mold. I'm looking into it right now. The seats are corbeau CR-1's. I had them recovered in leather. I wish the wheels were TF. Similar look but way cheaper! They're not made anymore. Thanks for the positive feedback!

And I was playing around about that haha, as much as I would love to have a cover.

I would love to learn how to fiberglass, are you in auto body as a career?
Old 09-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Lonehorse

The seats are great, they really hold you in place on the twisties. The longest trip in em so far has only been a couple hours, but no complaints. No autobody experience other than what I taught myself throughout this project. I'd come up with an idea then figure out how to do it.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:04 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Yeah Im the same way, but I havnt messed with anyhting fiberglass yet just mechanical stuff.

And ok cool thanks, I am looking into some new seat and am on the fence about getting that style seats or some 03/04 cobra seats.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:16 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

I'm not really feeling the rear, however I do have to say you have done some really good work. I like everything else.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:28 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

^ what he said. the rear just isn't my style, but the spoiler, chin spoiler, and engine cover all look amazing, if you made a reproduction of that chin spoiler it would sell like hot cakes man! also, my god those side skirts look nice, i wish ford would have made them like that from the factory!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:47 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

I must say, I absolutely love it. You did a fantastic job! Sick car!

What kind of power does it put down with that Saleen blower on it?

Quick Reply: New guy lookin for feedback on custom new edge