4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

A little help

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 07:52 AM
fixitman

Question A little help

OK here goes, bought a 1996 Mustang GT 4.6,its had a bunch of upgrades,
when i got it home put my scan tool on and Bammmm the check engine light should have been on, well it was not ,pulled the cluster and found the bulb was removed,that could mean a little time and fine for the shop that did that , i know the shop ,but no names right now, but north Houston, anyway took it to my certified Ford /Friend Tech, says the intake is cracked,bad gaskets dont know as of now,the PCM was bad due to the (shop) tryed some kind of flash, also prev owner that had all the work done,told him the did Cobra heads thats was i lie,( he didnot know) Prev owner not a gear head just trusted this (shop to do the work) he also said the Engine numbers on the Valve covers ,do not match the year of the Mustang,the OD has very low miles, they did something else as the Alt/belt is not correct, More to come !! driving it home today to pull the valve covers and check some casting numbers. also my tech friend did the Smoke test on the intake and emiss system( You ford techs will know what that is ) leaks under the intake rolling up from the edges, funny thing it runs very good the idle is all over at times, gas milg Bad, its not because i have a led foot Over 50 Here ! no kid ,how ever a nice burn out is Cool ! Thanks will post more later .....

Old 10-10-2012, 08:24 AM
fixitman

Might be looking for a intake,and related parts also ,i will post in the proper place Thanks ..
Old 10-10-2012, 08:53 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Lmao I don't think anyone is getting fined for a check engine bulb, don't wanna be the bringer of bad news.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:11 AM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Yeah, what uber said.. There's pretty much no way you can prove who pulled that bulb and nothing will ever come of it even if you did... As far as everything else, I'm a little confused as to what you need help with?.. It sounds like you got screwed on a deal, hope you didn't pay much.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:56 AM
fixitman

No nice car and ,not a big deal getting it fixed ,
Old 10-11-2012, 01:20 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

There is so much, yet so little information in your post, I dont get what you want us to tell you? Yes, you got screwed... No sense bitching anymore. Either get it fixed or get your money back
Old 10-12-2012, 06:44 AM
fixitman

Going to replace the intake,it leaks and is cracked,its the older PI intake,the check engine light has not come on sense the replacement of the PCM,found out that the (shop) installed the PI heads and intake off a wrecked vehicle,it also doess not have the correct alt braket,i see some of the intake kits come with both brakets what would be the best PI intake for the money,not racing this just like the performance ! Thanks
Old 10-12-2012, 09:00 AM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

the factory ford PI intake is the best intake for your application. Seems the price just went up.. used to be 199 i believe -_-

http://www.americanmuscle.com/intake-manifold.html
Old 10-17-2012, 08:20 PM
fixitman

Default Up Date !!

OK pulled the intake ,it is the PI but a older one,very bad condition, also the gaskets the (Shop) used too do the PI head swap and the intake,are not correct for the Pi intake,they used felpro Non Pi gaskets,ordered a new Pi intake and the correct gaskets should be ready to go by the weekend !!
will be at Home depot Kemah Sat Night ...