4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What Will it Make?

Old 03-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

All of the above frustrations is why i'm going to wait until years down the road to even bother with a Turbo build. I figure I need at least $7k stock piled for a quality, reliable, turbo build.

Yes i'm fixing my car. I'm in the process of hoarding parts. Ordering some of my last parts today and taking a bunch of the parts I already have to the shop this weekend. Gonna make them fix my transmission before they do anything else because it leaked out when I wrecked and I still have no clue what went pop. Could be bad. Already gotta repaint the whole car if that tells you how much cosmetic damage there was.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Wow thats brutal... if you don't mind me asking... why not just buy a 99-04 roller and swap the motor into it? With all the parts+paint you are going to spend more than the 3k or so that a good roller would.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:09 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

I agree with kerns, you probably be better finding a nice roller, can find one with nice paint and caged for less that what its gonna take to fix and paint the current car.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

I gave a lot of thought and consideration into this. But theres a few problems with that

1. I dont want somebody else's brain-child or headache. Mustangs are about putting your thought and effort into a car and having it represent you. I didnt want to buy somebody else's abandoned project.

2. No matter what when you buy these modded rollers you have no clue what you're getting. Its also bound to have lots of tacky mods you dont like on it too.

3. My car will always be a street stang. I drive 50+ miles a day during the week. I want to keep it streetable. Half the modded cars I found had extreme suspensions or stage III cams or return fuel systems and all kinds of bull**** that made me go BLEHHHHH.

4. I love my car and i'm satisfied with it. Thats something a lot of people cant say about their car 5 years after owning it and modding it. My first stang and first car i've owned. Its really not far from where I want it to be as it is anyways. Ultimately it will stay mainly a street car until I own another newer mustang to DD. At that point this will become my "fox body project" car if you will. Thats years down the road.

What I was closest to doing was buying another New Edge with a forged motor/fuel. I would have been ok with forged motor + forced induction too. Was going to sell whatever forced induction they had on and buy a 2.6L KB. But I never quite found the right car. Either I would hate the color or hate a bunch of other tacky mods or brands of mods I didnt like on the car. And a lot of them had high CR for their centri blowers or N/A builds. But the forged motor was key because thats where my car is lacking. I've got a factory bottom end with 120k on the clock and the KB has a good 40k on it now. Tranny/suspension/rear end has 120k too. I dont know about the first 50k but I know my 70k has been 90% cruising on the highway to work. Its in amazing shape for its age and mileage.

It will be okay. I'm just mostly nervous/worried that its been sitting on a muddy lot in the snow without running for quite a while now. Some ******* got mud all in my interior and stole a bunch of **** from me. ****ers left my comb and nail clipper though, THANKS *******.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:14 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

If your worried about mods peoe do sell stock rollers with lown motors as far as suspension is concerned it doesnt matter since u can just swap yours, as a roller more like a shell.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:04 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

I'm obviously late on something but hangwire, wtf happened to your car?
Old 03-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
I'm obviously late on something but hangwire, wtf happened to your car?
^ +1. What he said
Old 03-06-2013, 02:17 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
If your worried about mods peoe do sell stock rollers with lown motors as far as suspension is concerned it doesnt matter since u can just swap yours, as a roller more like a shell.
+1 Was thinking more of the shell then as an actual project car that someone abandoned. People sell good body's with a blown motor all the time for cheap.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:58 PM
TCStangerv6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tim99GT
^ +1. What he said
https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l...e-highway.html
Old 03-06-2013, 09:59 PM
TCStangerv6
2nd Gear Member

Nice to hear you got progress. I can't wait to see how this car does.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What Will it Make?