4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

American Muscle Dark Smoked Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 09:14 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

^ no, if you get HID's you can see better then without the smoked lenses.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:49 AM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

The stealthy look of dark headlights on a dark colored car is why I did it(also a blacked out pony and coral). I did upgrade to HID to restore night visibility.

Dismissing them as a fad is silly IMHO.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

Calling dark tint headlights a fad is the kindest thing I can say.

Reminds me of the guy on Mach1Registry a few years ago who put limo tint on his rear window and couldn't see the highway patrol car in his rear view mirror with its overhead lights on for miles.

Tinted headlight may or may not be cool, but I'm pretty sure regular headlights are cooler than a deer in your windshield or a pedestrian under your bumper or giving every cop a reason to pull you over. On the other hand, I can't imagine anything cooler for a cop than getting called out to an accident to find a deer inside the passenger compartment of a Mustang, writing the owner a ticket for tinted lights and then having the Mustang owner's insurance company refusing to pay because the ;police report mentions a pair of really cool headlights.

Last edited by Sonic Mustang; 02-19-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:51 PM
AJB540
2nd Gear Member

My feeling is that black housing headlights are the way to go. Get the same basic look, but with full light output.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:28 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sonic Mustang

Reminds me of the guy on Mach1Registry a few years ago who put limo tint on his rear window and couldn't see the highway patrol car in his rear view mirror with its overhead lights on for miles.

Tinted headlight may or may not be cool, but I'm pretty sure regular headlights are cooler than a deer in your windshield or a pedestrian under your bumper or giving every cop a reason to pull you over. On the other hand, I can't imagine anything cooler for a cop than getting called out to an accident to find a deer inside the passenger compartment of a Mustang, writing the owner a ticket for tinted lights and then having the Mustang owner's insurance company refusing to pay because the ;police report mentions a pair of really cool headlights.

Everyone keeps saying that if you have HID's with tinted tail lights visibility is no a issue, I bet my lights are brighter then you stock ones.

If I didnt have my smoked headlights my HID's would be too bright they are 55w HID's
Old 02-20-2013, 06:52 AM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

Originally Posted by dwtjr3
Everyone keeps saying that if you have HID's with tinted tail lights visibility is no a issue, I bet my lights are brighter then you stock ones.
Drive around a lot in reverse?
Old 02-23-2013, 08:52 PM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

Don't listen to Sonic.
He has no idea what he is talking about on this issue.

Listen to those who actually have the dark smoked headlights.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:35 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRUEBLUE3934
Don't listen to Sonic.

Agreed, and I obviously meant headlights
Old 02-23-2013, 09:38 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRUEBLUE3934
Don't listen to Sonic.

Agreed, I obviously meant headlights lol
Old 02-23-2013, 10:00 PM
blu30val
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sonic Mustang

Your sense of humor is obviously way different... If you accommodate for tinted lenses with hid or in my case bright fog lights, I don't see a problem. Then again I live in a large city with tons of street lights and well lit highways.

Quick Reply: American Muscle Dark Smoked Headlights