4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

so my cars finally got tagged...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 04:59 PM
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

Who ever did it must be jealousy that you got 3 mustangs I mean I'am kind of jealous too Just kidding I hope there's no real damage I think you should invest in some proximity sensors for your mustangs that are ultra sensitive so next time they get within 2 feet of your cars it wakes up the whole niegborhood.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:55 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Be sure to hook those sensors up to floods that way the see and hear haha.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:06 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vertigo_GT
I'd be tempted to camp out in one of them with a rock salt loaded shotgun or baseball bat in hopes to teach some punks respect for others property. I'm glad no permanent damage was done.
very tempted too honestly. i work nights, so doing so is hard but i might do it on one of my nights off. My windows are so tinted they would never even see it coming
Old 05-25-2013, 08:08 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by calistang05
Who ever did it must be jealousy that you got 3 mustangs I mean I'am kind of jealous too Just kidding I hope there's no real damage I think you should invest in some proximity sensors for your mustangs that are ultra sensitive so next time they get within 2 feet of your cars it wakes up the whole niegborhood.
hmm... kind of a good idea.. lol

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
Be sure to hook those sensors up to floods that way the see and hear haha.
yeah they would probably **** themselves if they tried anything again...
Old 05-29-2013, 04:23 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by xx10Gt
well everybody at about 10pm last night, i got woken up to a neighbor telling me someone had vandalized my cars. I have never gotten out of bed as quick as i did. I went outside (barely dressed) and didnt know what to expect. I park the cobra in front of the house and the other 2 on a very close side street (still in view from the house).
Cobra was untouched, but the 2003 and 2010 were tagged with silly string ALL over them. The 2010 had that **** SOAKED in the convertible top, so i had to wash them both the best i could at 11pm......what the hell are people thinking?

It really pisses me off when people do this to other peoples property because of jealousy i assume. I did file a police report just incase there is any damage when i go and check the cars out when its light outside. Thanks to my neighbor, he had already called the cops and gave a very good description to the police.

My thing is, someone must have it out for me because about a month ago someone called parking enforcement on my cars for having them covered in the street and they were afraid they contained "bombs"....

Since i cannot cover my cars now on the street and i do not have a driveway im highly considering just storing them, or at least 2 of the 3. I am thankful it wasnt worse, but i just dont understand people. When i see nice cars/homes/etc, i think "wow, they must have really worked hard for that, good for them". Many people just dont get it...

Anyways sorry for a long post, had to vent a little bit. ill have pics up later, thanks everybody.
Seriously? You can't cover your cars on the street? What kind if ****ed up country do you live in?

(sorry about the vandals dude, they apparently have more rights than you do)
Old 05-29-2013, 07:24 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

My biggest fear... I worry about poppa getting ****ed up more than I do the vert. Also my biggest fear is catching them in the act and I am armed since I have a LTCF.

I have worried about emptying an entire magazine into someone who thought trashing cars would be fun entertainment... until they met me.

And once the vert gets back from Painting and finished being fixed up I am thinking of tracking down an 88LX Notch to add to my collection then Iw ill own my 3 favorite MY stangs again... and then I have to worry about tripling my stress

Sorry to hear you became a victim... glad it was only silly string. But still why can't people leave **** alone.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:13 AM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by potman
Seriously? You can't cover your cars on the street? What kind if ****ed up country do you live in?

(sorry about the vandals dude, they apparently have more rights than you do)
exactly. i got ticketed for covering them in the street so this is what happens when left uncovered i guess. Kind of ironic that i get ticketed for that, but the people who did this wont be caught, even if they did nothing would happen at all.

Im seriously considering just storing 2 of the 3 all year. Its a shame it would come to that but i guess thats what i have to do to keep them looking nice.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:14 AM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gary Ugarek
My biggest fear... I worry about poppa getting ****ed up more than I do the vert. Also my biggest fear is catching them in the act and I am armed since I have a LTCF.

I have worried about emptying an entire magazine into someone who thought trashing cars would be fun entertainment... until they met me.

And once the vert gets back from Painting and finished being fixed up I am thinking of tracking down an 88LX Notch to add to my collection then Iw ill own my 3 favorite MY stangs again... and then I have to worry about tripling my stress

Sorry to hear you became a victim... glad it was only silly string. But still why can't people leave **** alone.
completely agree, id feel sorry for them if i got them in the act. its a shame people cant just be happy for someone else.

anyways, good luck on your 88 search
Old 05-30-2013, 07:15 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

If you're parking your cars on the side of the road all the time you're basically asking for trouble from immature people. I would have invested in a storage unit as soon as you got the second car.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:08 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
If you're parking your cars on the side of the road all the time you're basically asking for trouble from immature people. I would have invested in a storage unit as soon as you got the second car.
for sure. but our lack of driveway/space in our backyard would make it very difficult

Quick Reply: so my cars finally got tagged...