4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What color should I paint my car

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Cockygt500
3rd Gear Member

Me too. That would def make my Shelby stand out at mustang week. That paint, a cowl hood and some 20" Niche Milans and I would be set.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Judged car shows brah, looks professionally done. I have yet to see you really post anything on this forum except for trolling and bashing?Cleary you were the kid picked on growing up through highschool and gonna get your release pounding keystrokes on the internet. What kind of mods do you have on your sub 300 horsepower mach 1 except for a car loan and bolt ons?
Yeah everytime I see his posts it's always either sarcastic, snarky, or condescending. Once in awhile he makes a good point but he could have easily made the same point without sounding like a jerk. Anyways it's pretty cool that you actually won a car show with your rattle can paint job! Everything can look nice if it's done right.

And also the saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" would fit right at home in this topic. Everyone has different tastes and yes we can all agree that anything riced out is hideous but their owners think it's beautiful, just be glad you're not driving it.

As far as the original post is concerned, going with rattle can in favor of messed up paint for the meantime is a pretty good choice considering the fact that having messed up paint is an eyesore. At least with say having your car in all primer means that your car is still a work in progress instead of a multi-colored car that looks like either a serial killer or a drug dealer would own. In my opinion go with the flat black for now. It looks very menacing and something you shouldn't really mess with when you see it.

On another note personally I kind of like this color
Old 06-24-2013, 08:04 PM
Stevo86
3rd Gear Member

I might be a little late to the party but if you do rattle can i, get the spray can holder/trigger deal. I used it to spray primer on some beater fenders one time and it came out nice and smooth. It was only primer, but a spray can none the less.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:14 PM
TheDullahan
1st Gear Member

Yeah I am defenitly going to get the trigger holder thing. I need to do a test with the orange to make sure that is the color I want and it will look like I want.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Subbz
Yeah everytime I see his posts it's always either sarcastic, snarky, or condescending. Once in awhile he makes a good point but he could have easily made the same point without sounding like a jerk. Anyways it's pretty cool that you actually won a car show with your rattle can paint job! Everything can look nice if it's done right.

And also the saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" would fit right at home in this topic. Everyone has different tastes and yes we can all agree that anything riced out is hideous but their owners think it's beautiful, just be glad you're not driving it.

As far as the original post is concerned, going with rattle can in favor of messed up paint for the meantime is a pretty good choice considering the fact that having messed up paint is an eyesore. At least with say having your car in all primer means that your car is still a work in progress instead of a multi-colored car that looks like either a serial killer or a drug dealer would own. In my opinion go with the flat black for now. It looks very menacing and something you shouldn't really mess with when you see it.

On another note personally I kind of like this color
His actual color is Mineral Grey. It looks pretty good for MG. I spent more time under that car than I did my own.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sxynerd
His actual color is Mineral Grey. It looks pretty good for MG. I spent more time under that car than I did my own.

That car looks pretty good even in mineral gray! Who's car is it?
Old 06-25-2013, 11:18 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

A friend of mine. He goes by the name doughboy4.6 here I think but hasn't been on in a long time.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:11 PM
gmb96gt

If you have a compressor and gun id look into tractor paint for a temp job. They have a color called blitz black that you may like

https://www.google.com/search?q=john...iw=320&bih=356
Old 07-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Vertigo_GT
2nd Gear Member

^+1
Damn nice!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:46 PM
TheDullahan
1st Gear Member

I like the blitz black where to they sell it I have never heard of it

Quick Reply: What color should I paint my car