4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

what us under this plastic?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 02:11 AM
Vertigo_GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
damn all these edits..i want to know what originally was said

and that freaking picture is smaller than the thumbnail preview
The OP's post was about a jacking incident that resulted in the pictured damage and questioning what it was he broke. Sorry, I didn't realize he had deleted his first post and I was not gonna go back and edit my previous post for obvious reasons.
Now, if you will excuse me, I'm off to take my meds.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:21 AM
Vertigo_GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sonic Mustang
Let me save Vertigo GT some time: Ban Sonic!!!!!!!!!
I never called for you to be banned.... Did I? I follow all your diatrib... I mean posts! I keep going back to that Broke Lower Control Arm thread to read your latest retort but am always disappointed.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:49 AM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

Originally Posted by Vertigo_GT
I never called for you to be banned.... Did I? I follow all your diatrib... I mean posts! I keep going back to that Broke Lower Control Arm thread to read your latest retort but am always disappointed.
What's more disappointing, my lack of retort or the quality of GMS suspension parts?
Old 06-30-2013, 02:52 AM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

Sorry, I didn't realize he had deleted his first post and I was not gonna go back and edit my previous post for obvious reasons.
Obviously.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:03 AM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Ok WhiteFoxGT. My second reply edit was really just typo corrections, sorry for not specifying the reason. My third reply, I edited the hell out of because I was speculating wildly on what the "alleged" access hole could have been for when I thought the damage was more to center; and then again incorrectly, under the drivers seat. So I took most of that BS out and corrected some typos in an ill fated attempt to mask my tard-ness.
Wish you hadn't asked now? LOL
So as resident Ford tech, you no doubt will enlighten us as to exactly what it is he busted?
If the picture was bigger than a 1"x1" square on my laptop I'd be able to answer that more accurately
Old 06-30-2013, 12:28 PM
Vertigo_GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sonic Mustang
What's more disappointing, my lack of retort or the quality of GMS suspension parts?
The OP has had a rough couple of days with this issue and the engine washing problem and probably will appreciate this threadjacking.

By "retort" I meant "apology" to Mr Granatelli. He quickly responded to a customer complaint, satisfied that customer and made immediate production line changes to prevent the failure from recurring. You attacked him personally and dismissed his industry accepted gusset addition to strengthen the LCA as a band-aid. When the 2nd failed LCA appeared in the thread, you doubled down on your attack and when that LCA was found to be from another manufacturer you suddenly had nothing to say. Mr Granatelli seems to have more integrity than you.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Vertigo_GT
2nd Gear Member

If the picture was bigger than a 1"x1" square on my laptop I'd be able to answer that more accurately
Yea the picture is pretty useless without zooming, and even then there isn't much detail. In his deleted text he said that he heard the sound of plastic cracking when he was jacking a little on the floor pan.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:13 PM
highroller02
1st Gear Member

The OP has had a rough couple of days with this issue and the engine washing problem and probably will appreciate this threadjacking.

By "retort" I meant "apology" to Mr Granatelli. He quickly responded to a customer complaint, satisfied that customer and made immediate production line changes to prevent the failure from recurring. You attacked him personally and dismissed his industry accepted gusset addition to strengthen the LCA as a band-aid. When the 2nd failed LCA appeared in the thread, you doubled down on your attack and when that LCA was found to be from another manufacturer you suddenly had nothing to say. Mr Granatelli seems to have more integrity than you.

orginial poster has nothing to do with engine wash but I did read that. THE reason I was trying to jack car up was to find where im dropping oil from. PLEASE redirect attention here.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l...r-midpipe.html
Old 06-30-2013, 06:22 PM
highroller02
1st Gear Member

being a ford "tech" you should easily be able to tell what location that is. I admit the picture is not the greatest but hey the prochamber is visiable and there isn't much else under there that looks like this. Lay down next to car look up about a foot in, and there it is.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:36 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Dude its a drain plug for the cabin of the car, the insulation u see is the underside of your carpet.

Quick Reply: what us under this plastic?