4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

My freshly restored 2000 GT Vert rear ended this morning.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 10:16 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

In most states a front-end/rear-end collision is always considered the fault of the driver that hits the car in front of them. "Not seeing" your car means they are a stupid ****-poor driver that probably should not be on the road...
Old 07-30-2013, 10:33 AM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Man I feel ya my 2013 GT got hit. Lady backs out of her drive way and pounds my door like its a virgin. Her excuse was I did not see it..... Gotta Have It Green Mustang and you don't see it how the F do you not see that. So Yeah I feel for ya sounds like that person was trying to get off with the I did not see you. Cop's never by that so rake them for every penny you might be able to get more mods out of the deal.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:15 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dwtjr3
Sorry to hear that Gary hope they fix it.

But if the quarter shifted that bad it may be some frame damage as well.

And wait you blew the rear in the 13?
Yep, on Friday (07/26/13). I was in Allentown area I have a post about it, seek and ye shall find. =O)

Originally Posted by Fillerdust
Oh man that sux. My co worker just got his fox totaled out last Monday. It will definitely need a frame pull but sometimes when you get it up on the rack it can walk right out.

You really did turn that car around to bad this happened.
That is what ticks me off fillerdust. I just got it back Friday (07/26/13) last of the restoration work was completed and then Monday... BAM!

I had the car for 3 freaking days.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:24 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Here is a pic showing the tweaks in the RH 1/4 panel. Near side vent, below side vent.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:08 AM
harbre32
2nd Gear Member

Wtf is with the tail pipes? Can you dry clothes on them?
Old 08-02-2013, 07:17 AM
Vertigo_GT
2nd Gear Member

Lawyer up with the sleaziest winningest shark of a lawyer you can find. When an adjuster offered me scrap value for my 71 Torino GT Convertible I told her "Lady, the more I argue with you about the value of my car, the worse my back hurts." Don't let em screw you over.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:47 AM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk
In most states a front-end/rear-end collision is always considered the fault of the driver that hits the car in front of them. "Not seeing" your car means they are a stupid ****-poor driver that probably should not be on the road...

That the truth to, When I got rear ended in my pickup, I was slowed almost to a stop because a guy with his dog was riding a bicycle in front of me and a there was traffic coming the other direction.

I happened to look in my rear view and see this guy coming up from behind me in a pos 80s bronco II cell phone to his ear and looking out the drivers side door window. Hit me so hard it wrapped my double 4" steel tube bumper around his front end and shoved me over 20 ft.
He got out and proceeded to start cussing me out , I had my 11 year old son with me , so I just said don't worry I got 911 on the phone I think my son is ok. thanx. Luckily my son told me later the worst part of the whole thing was the 3 hrs wearing a neck brace in the ER. Guy had crappy Allstate insurance and it took me almost 3 months of fighting with them. I ended up with about 5k and a 95 mustang.

Funniest thing I ever saw was the look on the insurance adjusters face when my kid say to him " Im getting a new ps3 "
Old 08-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Well to update... I was sent for an MRI because of pain and some numbness, and learned I fractured my C7 vertebrae. So I am out of commission for the next 3 weeks or so.

Can't drive, can't do anything but lay around. Meeting with spine doctor wednesday, was put into a neck brace, and may need surgery as the C6 and T1 vertebrae are tweaked as well.

I was walking around fine for a few days, sore as hell but functional, started getting some numbness in my left arm which earned me the MRI and then learning about the fracture. Spent a day in the hospital because of it.

Because they guy who hit me only has PA state minimums... which is $5k property, it wasn't enough to cover the car, so my insurance had to take over. Now I am learning the MRI and my overnight is wiping out what his company can cover in medical so mine takes over in that realm as well.

Any settlement will be a pittance simply because of his minimums so again my insurance will have to kick in. FUN huh?
Old 08-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by harbre32
Wtf is with the tail pipes? Can you dry clothes on them?
They stuck out, but look worse as bumper is pushed in a bit. The protruded about 4" now stick out further.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Vertigo_GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gary Ugarek
Well to update... I was sent for an MRI because of pain and some numbness, and learned I fractured my C7 vertebrae. So I am out of commission for the next 3 weeks or so.

Can't drive, can't do anything but lay around. Meeting with spine doctor wednesday, was put into a neck brace, and may need surgery as the C6 and T1 vertebrae are tweaked as well.

I was walking around fine for a few days, sore as hell but functional, started getting some numbness in my left arm which earned me the MRI and then learning about the fracture. Spent a day in the hospital because of it.

Because they guy who hit me only has PA state minimums... which is $5k property, it wasn't enough to cover the car, so my insurance had to take over. Now I am learning the MRI and my overnight is wiping out what his company can cover in medical so mine takes over in that realm as well.

Any settlement will be a pittance simply because of his minimums so again my insurance will have to kick in. FUN huh?
Wow. PA insurance laws suck. I wouldn't get on the road without 50k property and 100k Bodily injury. So sorry for your injuries and damages Gary.

Quick Reply: My freshly restored 2000 GT Vert rear ended this morning.