4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

My freshly restored 2000 GT Vert rear ended this morning.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Looking good! Glad to see you'll be getting your baby back soon! What kind of tips are those? They look long as hell!
Old 08-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Subbz
Looking good! Glad to see you'll be getting your baby back soon! What kind of tips are those? They look long as hell!
Gibson, and they're coming off... if I keep the car. but it looks like I will be selling it.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Vertigo_GT
2nd Gear Member

Really sorry about your misfortune Gary. It's a shame to see Silver Bullet 2 go after all you've put in to it. As to back and neck surgery, I guess it's a mixed bag thing. Many may regret having surgery, but I certainly do not. My C something or other at the base of my neck was messed up in a broadside accident in my 69 Grande in 91. I did not accept a quick settlement and had no health insurance. The at fault insurance co wouldn't pay a dime until the day before we were to go to court when they met my demand for 100k. I had gone almost 3 years severe pain and headaches. I could hardly hold my head up at times. I still have a constant dull pain and some numbness on my left side but having surgery fusing 2 of my discs together relieved the severe pain and weakness in my neck and stopped the headaches. I hope you have a speedy recovery without having to have surgery but sometimes it is the answer.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:57 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vertigo_GT
Really sorry about your misfortune Gary. It's a shame to see Silver Bullet 2 go after all you've put in to it. As to back and neck surgery, I guess it's a mixed bag thing. Many may regret having surgery, but I certainly do not. My C something or other at the base of my neck was messed up in a broadside accident in my 69 Grande in 91. I did not accept a quick settlement and had no health insurance. The at fault insurance co wouldn't pay a dime until the day before we were to go to court when they met my demand for 100k. I had gone almost 3 years severe pain and headaches. I could hardly hold my head up at times. I still have a constant dull pain and some numbness on my left side but having surgery fusing 2 of my discs together relieved the severe pain and weakness in my neck and stopped the headaches. I hope you have a speedy recovery without having to have surgery but sometimes it is the answer.
Thanks Vertigo...

I am proud to say... Silver Bullet II is now home. Body Shop dropped it off for me on Friday with very special mileage on the odometer. (muwahahahahaha)

On Saturday, I took it for spin, and now I know why the doc said no stick driving... after being in stop and go traffic for 5 minutes My back and neck were in MASSIVE PAIN, so lesson learned, and the determination on whether to keep it, will come after the next appointment with the doc which is in 11 more days, but Yes I paid for it all day yesterday.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Glad you're getting her back Gary! Any future plans for her?
Well I did get it back, about 10 days ago, was originally going to sell it but I just can't do it, so instead I treated SBII to some new shoes.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:17 PM
kenv
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
If you did an MRI on everyone 5 out of 10 people would have a buldging disk or some kind disk or vertebre issue but it doesn't bother them, what ever you do DO NOT get back surgery man cause that usually ends up with worse problems the rest of your life then just letting it go.
Yeah, I have a friend who listened to his quack dr, & got spinal surgery for arthritis. Now he feels worse. I also have the same problems, but I`ll stick with the Oxycodone. OP, I hope you heal up soon.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:05 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kenv
Yeah, I have a friend who listened to his quack dr, & got spinal surgery for arthritis. Now he feels worse. I also have the same problems, but I`ll stick with the Oxycodone. OP, I hope you heal up soon.
Thanks, but I won't be getting the surgery... it was on the table but things are improving. The spine is stable and the fracture is healing, so all these weeks of a neck brace and being 150% lazy has paid off.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

In for it's proper repaint...