4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

victor jr intakes anyone with one come hither

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

Default victor jr intakes anyone with one come hither

so doing my monster build, and ive run into some interesting information along the way as well as its not good enough mindset, long story short i think im not going to cut any corners on this build any more, And i have high hopes for a maxed out Si trim, that being said i want to give it the full beans, and one of the things that has come up is the victor jr intake. What scares me about this intake is the operating range of 3500-7500 or somewhere in there. Now i have no intention of running 7k if i can help it id prefer 6500. But that being said, how are the street manners of this intake, because this is a street car, and as much as i love going fast i dont want to feel like im driving around with the ebrake on then all of a sudden its like i have a massive turbo and the car just turns on and goes, id prefer some sort of transition, or even maintaining a relatively factory hp feel in the lower rpm would be ok too. So if you have one let me know whats up, turbos are fine as well as sc set up since ultimately none of these do any good under 3k rpm. thanks!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:19 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

There won't be anything noticeable as far as driveability goes. When it says operating range that basically means where it "should" pick up power gains, it doesn't mean below 3k is gonna kill your car. *** far as feel goes if you did a before or after test you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference honestly, just what it makes on paper.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:31 AM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
There won't be anything noticeable as far as driveability goes. When it says operating range that basically means where it "should" pick up power gains, it doesn't mean below 3k is gonna kill your car. *** far as feel goes if you did a before or after test you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference honestly, just what it makes on paper.

HA anyway back from childish stuff hehe.. Good to know, whats your car making these days? are you running this intake?
Old 11-20-2013, 07:36 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Im running a 4v so I dont have obe on my car, stock head cams intake st 603rwhp but damaged a few valve springs and in the process of custom grind cams and manley springs. I installed one of those manifolds for a guy locally ' he was NA, but you couldnt feel a difference and the car picked up 14rwhp peak and really dodnt gain anythin in tye powerband untill 4800. I would expect better gains with FI
Old 11-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Hey man I'm also doing a Maijor rebuild and have bought the eddy Vic jr intake along with the 6061 plenum and MMR high flow fuel rails. Hope to get the car back soon so I'll let you know how it goes. BTW what fuel system are you running?
Old 11-20-2013, 03:51 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Hopefully the 2v mmr fuel rails are better quality then there b head 4v ones, I had to ditch them and get aeromotive ones because tye mmr rails wouldnt let my injector harness clips fully connect. Im running magnafuel external pump -10an feed line to a y block then two -8s from the y to the back of the rails then two -8s from the front of the rails to a aermotive regulator than a -8 return to the tank. Along with seimen deka 60# injectors
Old 11-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Ub I really hope these rails fit alright and have no issues. I've read some horror stories about the edelbrock fuel rails so I went with these. I'm going to check on the car Friday so I'll know then.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

As the others have said, you won't lose anything down low and the street manners will be the same.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:12 AM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

I'm running twin stealth 340s in tank return style system with factory feed and -6 an return. Hope that's enough for current power goal, cuz I wasn't ready to do lines although I may have to do rails anyway. On another subject, anyone know if I can run max psi on pump gas with factory compression? Or will I need meth? Not sure at what point I Need to worry about this stuff? what i mean is at what point do i need to worry about meth injection, race fuel, ect. Because i just realized im pretty much going to be running somewhere around 18psi through 9.5 compression street motor, and i want a safe tune with lots of power. I dont like the idea of meth though because its just another thing you have to remember to keep an eye on you know?

Last edited by Bman2000; 11-21-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:35 AM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Hey man I'm also doing a Maijor rebuild and have bought the eddy Vic jr intake along with the 6061 plenum and MMR high flow fuel rails. Hope to get the car back soon so I'll let you know how it goes. BTW what fuel system are you running?
whats your new set up going to be? im looking at this

5.0 mmr 1000s stock compression
teksid .020 over
trick flow heads
mhs 2.5 blower cams degreed
Si trim with 10% OD crank 2.7x pullie
arp everywhere.
bbk or aomthing similar long tubes with o/r x pipe.

basic set up.

Quick Reply: victor jr intakes anyone with one come hither