4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

victor jr intakes anyone with one come hither

Old 11-21-2013, 12:38 AM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Hopefully the 2v mmr fuel rails are better quality then there b head 4v ones, I had to ditch them and get aeromotive ones because tye mmr rails wouldnt let my injector harness clips fully connect. Im running magnafuel external pump -10an feed line to a y block then two -8s from the y to the back of the rails then two -8s from the front of the rails to a aermotive regulator than a -8 return to the tank. Along with seimen deka 60# injectors
hey, what duty cycle are you at? because i have those same injectors, but i thought theyd be beyond maxed with 600rwhp? but im sure you have more than that? im just wondering at what point i move to 80# and what the differences are at that point, high impedance and what not...my tuner seems to want to play it safe, so im not sure hed like my injectors being over 80-90% duty cycle?
Old 11-21-2013, 08:37 AM
TCStangerv6
2nd Gear Member

I love the eddy intake and 6061 plenum. I still have low end power and the car pulls amazing. Street manners is the same too. The car doesn't drive any better or worse. The only thing I would change if I could go back is get 4v heads instead of going with these ported 2v heads.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bman2000
whats your new set up going to be? im looking at this

5.0 mmr 1000s stock compression
teksid .020 over
trick flow heads
mhs 2.5 blower cams degreed
Si trim with 10% OD crank 2.7x pullie
arp everywhere.
bbk or aomthing similar long tubes with o/r x pipe.

basic set up.
That's going to be a stout running stang when you're done. My current build:

Vortech V-1 T-Trim
anderson power pipe
teksid s/b .20 over
hp 292 cams
mod max h-beam connecting rods
11 cc diamond racing pistons
mmr high flow fuel rails
eddy vic jr intake
6061 plenum
55 lb injectors
flowtech lt's w modified o/r h-pipe

If all goes well I'm gonna take kerns advice and go with a cobra fuel tank within the next month. Hope to get the car back within the next two weeks.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:45 AM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
That's going to be a stout running stang when you're done. My current build:

Vortech V-1 T-Trim
anderson power pipe
teksid s/b .20 over
hp 292 cams
mod max h-beam connecting rods
11 cc diamond racing pistons
mmr high flow fuel rails
eddy vic jr intake
6061 plenum
55 lb injectors
flowtech lt's w modified o/r h-pipe

If all goes well I'm gonna take kerns advice and go with a cobra fuel tank within the next month. Hope to get the car back within the next two weeks.
I wasn't planning on being this built, but once I started considering cams I though ahh what's a set of heads found some stage 3 pp but they were sold out from under me and after talking with some knowledgeable people I'm switching it up a bit and going to just go big. If I didn't already have the fuel system I wouldn't be considering this though. And I need to swap over to a cobra tank, I think the lack of baffling in the gt tank is what cost me my last motor...note to self don't power shift under lost with a low tank of fuel.... The goal is 600rwhp I just hope I don't need meth inj or race fuel cuz I'd like it to be a pump gas tune nice and safe
Old 11-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I'm running twin stealth 340s in tank return style system with factory feed and -6 an return. Hope that's enough for current power goal, cuz I wasn't ready to do lines although I may have to do rails anyway. On another subject, anyone know if I can run max psi on pump gas with factory compression? Or will I need meth? Not sure at what point I Need to worry about this stuff? what i mean is at what point do i need to worry about meth injection, race fuel, ect. Because i just realized im pretty much going to be running somewhere around 18psi through 9.5 compression street motor, and i want a safe tune with lots of power. I dont like the idea of meth though because its just another thing you have to remember to keep an eye on you know?
Hey man are you running the dual pumps in a stock GT tank? if so was it a lot of modification needed?
Old 11-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Hey man are you running the dual pumps in a stock GT tank? if so was it a lot of modification needed?
im running the lethal performance budget return system. So its a dual pump hat with big feed and return ports on it, uses factory line for feed and you have run the return, then it had a modded attachment for factory rails that allows the use of a boost reference regulator. Stock gt tank. as far as mods, not a lot its really bolt in mostly, the directions try to be super clear but they fell short really bad in a few spots where i had to make things up. The biggest issue was no real information on how it was supposed to fit in the tank, so i ended up destroying the factory in tank part of the plastic bucket cuz it wouldnt fit right. IMO worth the little extra to just go with the stealth 340s haha i think it was an extra 100 bucks, but now with upgraded feed and return i should be able to support around 1200rwhp so no more upgrades for me lol. Also at this point i would recommend running an after market set up, ie, cobra tank, or install a baffle or run a sumped tank and choose the other out of tank system. I wanted in tank to try and keep the noise down....not that the car was quiet...haha
Old 11-22-2013, 05:46 AM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

whats your new set up going to be? im looking at this

5.0 mmr 1000s stock compression
teksid .020 over
trick flow heads
mhs 2.5 blower cams degreed
Si trim with 10% OD crank 2.7x pullie
arp everywhere.
bbk or aomthing similar long tubes with o/r x pipe.

basic set up.
if you were worried about the victory jr intake manifold not making power till high rpms why are you going with the trick flow heads? you do know that those heads are designed to run 7k+ rpms right and with them you will lose a bit of low end performance. if it was me I would go pick up a set of fox lake stage 3 heads and run those with some custom ground cams built for your build, you will see alot better powerband that way
Old 11-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99 GT vert
if you were worried about the victory jr intake manifold not making power till high rpms why are you going with the trick flow heads? you do know that those heads are designed to run 7k+ rpms right and with them you will lose a bit of low end performance. if it was me I would go pick up a set of fox lake stage 3 heads and run those with some custom ground cams built for your build, you will see alot better powerband that way
I wasnt worried about some changes i just didnt want huge changes down low, from the sounds of it, most of what i lose down low i probably wont notice anyway. As far as the heads, i decided i didnt want valve reliefs in my pistons, and for that to work, i pretty much have to have TF heads. And really when you think about it, ive never expected in my car to have any power below 2-2500 and really i never spend time there unless im cruising. So at this point if i have to deal with a small loss from 2500-3500 before i start building boost, im sure ill survive. That being said, ive never head that these heads cost any power down low? where did that information come from?
Old 11-22-2013, 01:34 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I can make a suggestion from what I've read and what I've been told by industry professionals. The Eddy intake is a stout piece, no doubt about it. It is a high RPM intake and won't leave any power on the table! But you will experience some down low difference. Not much, but some. From what I've been told for a street car perspective is that the Trickflow intake manifolds will function better for street, and they have two different designs to choose from to better fit your needs. Its up to you, but I'd research some on the Trickflow intakes.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Do you guys think the low end Loss of power from the eddy vic would be a good thing for a FI car with 410s? Also Teej welcome back!

Last edited by Soldier GT; 11-22-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: victor jr intakes anyone with one come hither