4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Current Dyno number...for now

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 10:06 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by Bman2000
I win. Motor went **** up tonight. No idea what happened still seems to have oil pressure but it must have dropped at some point because I have what sounds to be a massive rod know. I'm done with this car. If anyone see stuff they want to buy let me know.
Damn are you serious?!? Sucks to hear that bro. You and solider cannot catch a break.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:15 PM
Cali_Swag
1st Gear Member

Damn...
Old 09-05-2014, 03:24 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Do yourself a favor. Part that mother F'er out, drop a 500 dollar stock 2v motor into it, trade it in on a newer car and get rid of it. the new focus ST's are sick, and obv. the mustangs are kick ***.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:21 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Do yourself a favor. Part that mother F'er out, drop a 500 dollar stock 2v motor into it, trade it in on a newer car and get rid of it. the new focus ST's are sick, and obv. the mustangs are kick ***.
I don't normally agree, well actually never, but purp has a point. Time to maximize what you can get out of that car and move on.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bman2000
I win. Motor went **** up tonight. No idea what happened still seems to have oil pressure but it must have dropped at some point because I have what sounds to be a massive rod know. I'm done with this car. If anyone see stuff they want to buy let me know.
Sweet baby jesus that is awful. I really hope I never have to go through that.

#1 - Who put this engine together?
#2 - Did you do the math on what compression ratio you are running, both static and under boost?
#3 - What were you doing when the rod got damaged?
#4 - Were you monitoring Oil Pressure/Fuel Pressure/Air-Fuel Ratio at the time of failure?
#5 - Oh my god i'm sorry
Old 09-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

Yea I'm not kidding. As far as who built it and ect. I built it. The build was fine the compression was just over 9 to 1. It was wot tuned to 7k but with no timing so it was safe. The problem has nothing to do with any of this. The issue was I hit a bad section of road at the beginning of the week lost all the oil. But I got pulled over before he pressure dropped and long before all the oil was out. But the issue seems to be after repairing the pan, that either the pan was pushed up further than though and may be against the pick up, or possible that I cracked or bent or otherwise impeded the ability to make oil pressure under high rpm is my guess. So I'm going to take it up with county, see if it can't be covered. No clue what I'm gonna do if they don't pay. Chances are good the rods and mains are shot , I would think pistons and cylinder walls and maybe oil pump. I figure 3-4k in parts and machining. In anycase it may take a while. I know the road is what did it which just pisses me off to no end. That being said, if I decide to part and you see anything you like I'll keep you guys in mind first.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:34 PM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

Anyway what that would mean, I'd have 500 miles and a few Dyno runs on manley rods with arp 2000 bolts, kellog stroker crank probably would need a polish. Stage 3 heads and sc cams from mhs. Inside the motor that I guarantee will still be good, can't say about the pistons yet or the oil pump
Old 09-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Damnnnnnn man.

Pics of the oil pan? Thats crazy.......it probably fried the bearings.

Are you slammed?
Old 09-05-2014, 11:48 PM
Bman2000
4th Gear Member

The pan didn't look that bad really. Deep scraps and 2 small holes on the back side. No pictures, plus it was repaired. I'm only lowered 2.1 but the k memeber and oil pan are at the same level because it's a 7 qt
Old 09-07-2014, 08:41 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

unfortuantly the chances of the county paying for a modified motor in a car is next to none.

Quick Reply: Current Dyno number...for now