4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Safety first / No cell phones while driving

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 09:03 PM
Rick Gonzalez

Default Safety first / No cell phones while driving

It can wait until your parked !
Old 12-09-2016, 09:12 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

i agree
Old 12-13-2016, 05:17 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

id type a longer reply but im driving and texting and trying to type this out as well
Old 12-13-2016, 05:54 PM
barstowpo
2nd Gear Member

I was rear ended at a stop light by a texting teen. He was also stopped but when he caught the green light in the corner of his eye...wham. $6150 later...
Old 12-13-2016, 08:02 PM
Rick Gonzalez

Default No texting while driving

Originally Posted by barstowpo
I was rear ended at a stop light by a texting teen. He was also stopped but when he caught the green light in the corner of his eye...wham. $6150 later...
Young & foolish young people don't realize how quickly things can happen out there .....cell phones are a serious problem & if it were up to me the consequences for first offense would be loss of phone & $500.00 fine !.....and if they run into me I am going to pepper spray there *** & see how they like that !
Old 12-14-2016, 05:35 AM
User 92421
IN JAIL!

the first offense fine in NY is up near 1000 bux, but i see ppl on them all the time.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:20 AM
Rick Gonzalez

I believe it.....thats because most people don't think they will be caught because there are not enough police on the streets to catch all the offenders , thats why there are so many idiots out there doing whatever they want.........if people were heavily fined / suspended drivers license & lost there phones....they would learn quick !
Old 12-14-2016, 08:51 AM
barstowpo
2nd Gear Member

I agree with most of the above but I also hate to see us become more of a police state. I think this reflects the overall breakdown in the fabric of our society as I doubt there is anyone that doesn't know this is wrong and probably dangerous. I saw a guy in a SUV Sunday that I thought was drunk. Weaving onto the shoulder, driving half way into the other lane, leaving his blinker on. As I passed him, he had his tablet on the steering wheel and was typing with both thumbs. He swerved from the second lane over and dove for the freeway exit and almost hit the sand barrels. Existing reckless driving laws would have applied here.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:16 AM
Rick Gonzalez

Exactly.....idiots like that need to be taught a severe lesson.....where are the damn highway patrol / state troopers ?.......I guess its up to us to break out the pepper / bear spray on these morons
Old 12-14-2016, 09:46 AM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, "something has to be done", but as already pointed out: those laws already exist.

Distracted (actually, let's just say "impaired" because I'd like to include drunk driving in this too) driving is a problem that needs to be stopped at its source. The laws don't have to change; the culture does. Even though smoking is still quite popular, it's nowhere near the levels we saw just a few decades ago. The restriction of tobacco advertising and the rise of health campaigns like "truth" don't stop smoking, but they have gone a long way in making it less "cool".

The government cannot ever 100% stop impaired driving; that's OUR responsibility. But they can take steps to make it less socially acceptable so that people would be less willing to risk "one measly" drink or text. They'd have to be creative about it, though. Banning ads for cellphones would be kinda silly...