4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

NOS Convertible Quarter Panel

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 08:23 PM
dreppucci

Cool NOS Convertible Quarter Panel

looking for Factory Right Quarter Panel for 2004 Convertible. No longer available through Ford. Discontinued! Immaculate car, want a factory panel, prefered over cutting up a used panel. Any help ??
Old 11-05-2017, 10:29 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

Contact a local collision repair facility, they should know. It may be a used panel, but rather than cut it should be separated from the donor vehicle by the various pinch and spot welds. I had mine replaced about 5 years ago, they used a complete panel from another vehicle rather than trying to cut out the damaged area and patch it back in with the same (undamaged) section cut out from another vehicle.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:54 PM
dreppucci

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Z28KLR
Contact a local collision repair facility, they should know. It may be a used panel, but rather than cut it should be separated from the donor vehicle by the various pinch and spot welds. I had mine replaced about 5 years ago, they used a complete panel from another vehicle rather than trying to cut out the damaged area and patch it back in with the same (undamaged) section cut out from another vehicle.
Last resort- but it looks like it's going that way.
thanks for the info !!
Old 11-14-2017, 09:23 AM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

I'm in the process of parting out my 04 convertible, shoot me a message