Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

New Bamachips 93 octane tune - UPDATED

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 10:58 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New Bamachips 93 octane tune impressions

Update, just received a new tune from Doug, I'll replace the other tune after I'm done working in a hour or so.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:37 AM
ScreamingYellow
2nd Gear Member

And... how was it. After reading your post last night I decided to try out my Bamachips race tune. The short drive I did felt really good. Great throttle response and not so rough from a start. Def. like it. With the regular perf tune, the car was strong, but a little tought to start from the line.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:36 PM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mikefan20

+1

I have the SLP loud mouths. eventually will have the SLP LT Headers and the X pipe sans the cats.
First I need an CAI though, no point of taking away all the back pressure and still have the stock intake. Too bad the only thing I can Afford to do right now is the gears. being broke sucks!!
I've read posts that the Loudmouths are darn right annoying though. Would Borlas or Corsas with LT Headers and an X-Pipe still give quite a bit of pop? Also, I'm sure this has been addressed, but what do you do towards emmissions time with the cat delete?
Old 07-26-2006, 01:44 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FuriousGeorge

ORIGINAL: mikefan20

+1

I have the SLP loud mouths. eventually will have the SLP LT Headers and the X pipe sans the cats.
First I need an CAI though, no point of taking away all the back pressure and still have the stock intake. Too bad the only thing I can Afford to do right now is the gears. being broke sucks!!
I've read posts that the Loudmouths are darn right annoying though. Would Borlas or Corsas with LT Headers and an X-Pipe still give quite a bit of pop? Also, I'm sure this has been addressed, but what do you do towards emmissions time with the cat delete?
Re-install the CATS for emission tests, personally my MACS love to make popping sounds and they aren't so much loud as powerful to hear at WOT. The Borla's and Corsa's have a similar tough sound, to me the SLP LM's are almost like having no mufflers at all, they sound like someone just trying to be loud. Keep in mind I'm 42 so my feelings toward that kind of muffler has changed a lot since I was 22.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:50 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ScreamingYellow

And... how was it. After reading your post last night I decided to try out my Bamachips race tune. The short drive I did felt really good. Great throttle response and not so rough from a start. Def. like it. With the regular perf tune, the car was strong, but a little tought to start from the line.
I finally got a chance to try the new tune Doug sent me, throttle response has improved a HUGE amount making the car much easier to drive in traffic, the car pulls hard to 6500rpm's, something I find so hard to believe considering the car fell flat bone stock at 6,000, who would think a CAI and tune can breath so much more usable rpm range into a motor?

In a word DAMN!!!! I'm a happy camper, and I'm emailing Doug my response right now.

For those of you complaining of lag, go with a good CAI like the TI and Bamachips tune and you'll need your better half to slap the **** eating grin off of your face. I thought the tune that came with the CAI was good, this is much better, although truthfully I won't know if it's really better until I take her to the drag strip.

Damn trip this weekend, maybe it will cool off by next weekend enough to get a good few runs in.....
Old 07-26-2006, 02:26 AM
Jas06GT
1st Gear Member

Hmmmm....
I have a TI CAI, and been debating getting Bama tune.
Using the Demloet 93 tune atm.

I got a feeling your gonna make me spend more money.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:34 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jas06GT

Hmmmm....
I have a TI CAI, and been debating getting Bama tune.
Using the Demloet 93 tune atm.

I got a feeling your gonna make me spend more money.
I hate to do it, but the main reason I went with a new tune was the lack of a rev limter in the Demolet 93 tune, while I saw paramters within the custom section to set a few things I prefer the guys who know how do the custom stuff do it. Doug did a fantastic job and his tune seems to be worth the money.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

Glad to hear that Doug fixed the tune for you. He always stand behind his tunes and will go out of his way to make sure that they work correctly.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:53 PM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

Who makes the TI CAI, and is this setup with a bamachips tune better than a C&L with a brent's tune?
Old 07-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

how's the deceleration after you let go of the gas?

Quick Reply: New Bamachips 93 octane tune - UPDATED