MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L V8 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions-69/)
-   -   New Bamachips 93 octane tune - UPDATED (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions/156278-new-bamachips-93-octane-tune-updated.html)

viking396 07-24-2006 01:54 AM

New Bamachips 93 octane tune - UPDATED

Ok, I received my 93 octane tune from Doug and loaded it, upon first start it acted flooded and stumbled a bit. I goosed it a few times and it smoothed out however I could smell unburned fuel so I took it to a nearby quiet road and my first impression was better throttle response and if possible less popping when decelerating. Also, it seems to return to idle quicker now than before.

I took it to my test road and off idle response is much improved, in fact it hazed the tires towards 5500rpm after initially getting traction indicating it is making more power where it it needs it. After the first romp I drove normally and could still smell unburned fuel so I took it for a 10 minute drive and idle was back to normal.

I drove it home and let it sit for awhile and when I went to restart it the car ran fine, I need to get it back to a cold start condition to see if it starts fine there as well. If it starts rough again I need to retune, I wrote Doug to ask if I could get the race tune to replace this one and could he fix the rough start if it's still a problem.

We'll see what happens, I'm impressed with the tune but need to verify the cold start problem.

Timmay!!! 07-24-2006 02:51 AM

RE: New Bamachips 93 octane tune impressions

Keep us posted. For the record I love the popping sound on decel. I guess it isn't a bad thing, but it sounds cool.

Newbreedgt05 07-24-2006 10:19 AM

Which 93 tune did you have? I think you'd be very happy with his 93 race tune.

viking396 07-24-2006 03:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Timmay!!!

Keep us posted. For the record I love the popping sound on decel. I guess it isn't a bad thing, but it sounds cool.
I like it too, it was funny to hear some of it is gone...

viking396 07-24-2006 03:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Newbreedgt05

Which 93 tune did you have? I think you'd be very happy with his 93 race tune.
It was supposed to be the race tune but I think he sent me the regular 93 tune, still waiting for his response to my email. It started like crap this morning so no matter what, this tune is getting deleted.

howyhowy 07-24-2006 07:10 PM

How about disconnecting the battery to reset the computer?
I had my 2002 GT start up like total crap a few times - it acted like the timing chain had skipped a tooth, and it would not recover until I re-started it. I think computers can spontainiously get confused sometimes, my dad's volvo has done the same thing.
Do you have a tune for a lower octane you can try?
-howy

FuriousGeorge 07-24-2006 07:41 PM

+1

Is there a way to INCREASE the nice popping sound? Is it almost a backfire? If so I should think an axle-back would crank it up a bit. I'd hate to go Loudmouth, but the sound is awesome.

viking396 07-24-2006 09:22 PM

ORIGINAL: howyhowy

How about disconnecting the battery to reset the computer?
I had my 2002 GT start up like total crap a few times - it acted like the timing chain had skipped a tooth, and it would not recover until I re-started it. I think computers can spontainiously get confused sometimes, my dad's volvo has done the same thing.
Do you have a tune for a lower octane you can try?
-howy
If I go back to my Demolet tune it's fine, it only happens when using the Bamachips tune so no I'm not going to mess with the battery.

viking396 07-24-2006 09:24 PM

ORIGINAL: FuriousGeorge

+1

Is there a way to INCREASE the nice popping sound? Is it almost a backfire? If so I should think an axle-back would crank it up a bit. I'd hate to go Loudmouth, but the sound is awesome.
Buy the SLP Loudmouth's and remove the CATS, hello popping like a mad man.

mikefan20 07-24-2006 09:49 PM

+1

I have the SLP loud mouths. eventually will have the SLP LT Headers and the X pipe sans the cats.
First I need an CAI though, no point of taking away all the back pressure and still have the stock intake. Too bad the only thing I can Afford to do right now is the gears. being broke sucks!!