Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

WMS CAI

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Refire05GT
1st Gear Member

Default WMS CAI

The last time I remember seeing this setup was in the CAI shootout in the 5.0 mag a while back, but it looks like they've modified it a little, and have also now added a ram air box to go with it. From the pics and from reading multiple threads about CAI's it seems like this setup might actually be pretty efficient. What I'm wondering is if anyone has installed this new setup, and what kinds of gains did they experience? The numbers claimed on the site are pretty impressive, considering they are saying it doesn't even require a tune, but would in fact perform even better with a tune. Also I was wondering if the Throtle Body Spacer from Granatelli that I've seen advertised actually does anything performance wise, and if this CAI from WMS would benefit at all from it. Anyone?

http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/05hvi.htm
Old 07-26-2006, 09:19 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: WMS CAI

ORIGINAL: Refire05GT

The last time I remember seeing this setup was in the CAI shootout in the 5.0 mag a while back, but it looks like they've modified it a little, and have also now added a ram air box to go with it. From the pics and from reading multiple threads about CAI's it seems like this setup might actually be pretty efficient. What I'm wondering is if anyone has installed this new setup, and what kinds of gains did they experience? The numbers claimed on the site are pretty impressive, considering they are saying it doesn't even require a tune, but would in fact perform even better with a tune. Also I was wondering if the Throtle Body Spacer from Granatelli that I've seen advertised actually does anything performance wise, and if this CAI from WMS would benefit at all from it. Anyone?

I installed my WMS 80mm HV Intake System w/Ram Hood a few days ago and I'm very happy with it. The install is pretty much straight forward. Besides the install looks like what the factory should have done in the first place.........it just looks right and looks natural.

I removed my C&L True Flow CAI because I didnt care for how the air was being brought in. Just didnt impress me as where the intake should be.

I purhased the WMS 80mm HV Intake System 93 Octane Torque Tune from Doug at Bamachips. Fast service.

If your going to the expense of purchasing an intake, if I were you, I would also get a custom tune. With the custom tune you can expect the car to really come alive.

Have fun
Old 07-26-2006, 09:56 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

I've had mine installed for about a month and a half now. I went for about a month without a tune, and could tell a little difference from stock, but just got a custom 93 octane tune from Brenspeed, and WOW! It really came alive. My numbers are in the sig. I definitely recommend the tune if you are going to get one. My numbers probably would have been even higher if it hadn't been so hot when we were doing the dyno runs.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:28 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT John

ORIGINAL: Refire05GT

I installed my WMS 80mm HV Intake System w/Ram Hood a few days ago and I'm very happy with it. The install is pretty much straight forward. Besides the install looks like what the factory should have done in the first place.........it just looks right and looks natural.

I removed my C&L True Flow CAI because I didnt care for how the air was being brought in. Just didnt impress me as where the intake should be.

I purhased the WMS 80mm HV Intake System 93 Octane Torque Tune from Doug at Bamachips. Fast service.

If your going to the expense of purchasing an intake, if I were you, I would also get a custom tune. With the custom tune you can expect the car to really come alive.

Have fun

what kind change did you see in your numbers between the C&L and WMS?
Old 07-27-2006, 12:04 AM
R Model 07

Does anyone know if I would actually see less performance with the 95mm MAF version on a stock engine with SCT 93 tune?
Old 07-28-2006, 10:48 AM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jaiasmit

I've had mine installed for about a month and a half now. I went for about a month without a tune, and could tell a little difference from stock, but just got a custom 93 octane tune from Brenspeed, and WOW! It really came alive. My numbers are in the sig. I definitely recommend the tune if you are going to get one. My numbers probably would have been even higher if it hadn't been so hot when we were doing the dyno runs.
Wow, that's like 30 HP difference, with no other MODS? Stock exhaust?