Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Kenne Bell 2.6L

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 03:05 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Kenne Bell 2.6L

In fact, Kenne Bell DOES have authorized dealers. If you call them, they can tell you who is in your area.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:21 PM
marlinmon07
2nd Gear Member

sorry about the typo above, wasnt sure. and actually KB has authorized "INSTALLERS", not dealers. they are not there to sell the equipment, but more simply have it shipped from KB to them to make installation go quicker rather then the customer buy it and bring it to a tune shop and possibly lose stuff along the way.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:25 PM
marlinmon07
2nd Gear Member

hey drbobvs, did you install those corsa's yourself?? sweet car
Old 08-21-2006, 06:45 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: marlinmon07

sorry about the typo above, wasnt sure. and actually KB has authorized "INSTALLERS", not dealers. they are not there to sell the equipment, but more simply have it shipped from KB to them to make installation go quicker rather then the customer buy it and bring it to a tune shop and possibly lose stuff along the way.

He's right - you're wrong. KB has authorized dealers and they get to purchase KB products at a discount. The standing rule Jim (Owner of KB) does not bend on is dealers are not allowed to sell s/c unless they specifically perform the install. He has pulled licenses in the past for this and everyone knows he will so nobody violates the rules.

He also requires them to use the SCT for the tuner. ST Motorsports is the ONLY one he has let slide on this rule. Another little fact you should weigh in your decision is KB will void the s/c warranty if you install a custom tune.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:32 PM
marlinmon07
2nd Gear Member

that's what i was trying to say but im not an english major--u have to buy the s/c and the install
Old 08-22-2006, 04:09 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

hey drbobvs, did you install those corsa's yourself?? sweet car
Yes, I did, not difficult at all. However, the pic is with the stock muffs with MRT tips. Sorry, but I got the Corsas a couple of weeks after the pic. I'll have to post some new ones soon.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:06 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Wow. I really appreciate the info, folks. ^_^ Guess I gotta start savin'!
Old 09-01-2006, 10:05 PM
LTHL PSI
1st Gear Member

We are an official Kenne Bell Dealer, as stated above the only way we can sell you a Kenne Bell is if we perform the install. No ifs or buts about it, Jim Bell's rule. As far tuning software we can use whatever we want honestly. It helps that we are a Diablo and SCT dealer, but anyways they are top noth products, and would recommend them to anybody.

Derek
Old 09-27-2006, 10:20 PM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LTHL PSI

We are an official Kenne Bell Dealer, as stated above the only way we can sell you a Kenne Bell is if we perform the install. No ifs or buts about it, Jim Bell's rule. As far tuning software we can use whatever we want honestly. It helps that we are a Diablo and SCT dealer, but anyways they are top noth products, and would recommend them to anybody.

Derek
Why is it such a big deal that "ONLY AUTHORIZED DEALERS" can install this.....All the other Kits out ie:Whipple,Roush,Procharger,Vortech ect dont have that stipulation....That right there guarantees you 100% I will not be buying a KB. It was one of the front runners for me untill I found that little detail out. I would rather take the money you have to pay to have it installed and put into a clutch or towards a forged short block, but that is my opinion[:@]...okay I'm spent...
Old 09-28-2006, 12:19 AM
marlinmon07
2nd Gear Member

you can buy directly from KB and install it yourself.

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell 2.6L