Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!
Old 11-20-2015, 12:01 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

So now you have a Tuner... now what?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 07:33 AM
Jesse@SCT

Talking

Originally Posted by Valgorite
I assume there is a cost to this?

That raises another question - What happens if after tuning my car (putting the stock tune on the tuner) the tuner becomes damaged/lost/stolen - the stock tune is nowhere else? Am I then screwed?

I come from the world of computers where having copies of data in more than 1 spot (backups) is a standard way of thinking, so naturally I'm wanting to have the stock tune of my car stored somewhere else in addition to on the tuner device - is that possible?
The cost to reset the changes on the unit is $65.00, if your tuner is lost or stolen for some reason, we can recover your stock file by using another SCT device. You can save your stock file onto your PC, you will have to use the X3/LW Updater (http://www.sctflash.com/tsupdates.php) and click on the Get stock file option, this will save a copy of your stock file onto your PC. Saving your stock file will make it a lot easier and speed up the process to recover you vehicle. Hope this answers you question.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Deepcreek Tommy

I got a SXT and a Steeda CAI easy to install and very impressed with results
Old 06-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Rustang40v6

I got and airaid cai and preadetor tuner runi g the airaid 93. Oct firmshift. And love it I just want to know where I go next? Other than turbo, iknow exahuast but what else can I bolt on for a good hp gain?
Old 06-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Valgorite

Originally Posted by Rustang40v6
I got and airaid cai and preadetor tuner runi g the airaid 93. Oct firmshift. And love it I just want to know where I go next? Other than turbo, iknow exahuast but what else can I bolt on for a good hp gain?
My understanding is that you don't typically do exhaust for a performance gain - but more of a sound preference (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Suspension was my next step Or if yer just after HP, uh... go with a charger
Old 10-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Waid Here

One point of confusion I have is the idea of a 93 octane tune. Where can you buy 93 octane gas? I see 91 & 92 here in the Seattle area, but not 93.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:37 AM
SullyC

Originally Posted by Waid Here
One point of confusion I have is the idea of a 93 octane tune. Where can you buy 93 octane gas? I see 91 & 92 here in the Seattle area, but not 93.
Different states have different availability. Here in the New England area I've been able to buy 93 anywhere I want.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:14 PM
DrDeaths01GT
2nd Gear Member

Default Got a JLT and SCT combo,need advice

I just installed my CAI and tune today and wow what a difference it makes,my question is this,I have 20" rims and would like the speedo to read right,but all it says in the menu is wheel revs per mile.I have no clue as to how many a 20" does,so any help on that would be great.Also if any of you have this setup on a 07 and have found some good settings(WOT,timing,temp for fans) any help on that would be helpful as well.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:30 PM
osceola1_99

Default SCT and Steeda CAI combo

A few months ago I bought this SCT and CAI combo for my 05 GT and recieved 3 custom tunes from Bama with it. The pre programed strategy that is in the tuner seems to be alot better than the 93 octane and CAI tune that bama sent. By better I mean the car pulls harder in 2nd and 3rd gear. Has anyone else run into this? I'm asking because i'm new to the tuning thing but I assumed that the guys at bama would send a tune that out performed the SCT strategy.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:26 PM
DarDan76

Got a JLT and SCT combo,need advice.
Check what brand and size tires you have, then go to that Manufacturer and find your tire on their site and go to tire specs. that should tell you everything you need to know.

Last edited by DarDan76; 12-18-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:09 PM
DrDeaths01GT
2nd Gear Member

also on another note,on my sct tuner,it says cmcv delete/ What the heck is this?

Quick Reply: So now you have a Tuner... now what?